• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Acu ration

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Buyer

Reaction score
Has anyone ever used Acu Ration on six wt. cattle on grass? I got some extra grass and I'm thinking about puting together some plain jane steers and then going to a feed lot with them.

I've used it on some calves. You need to be careful at first or you could bloat one from over eating. We used a medicated limiter. On that say line be careful if using self feeders, to not let them run out. I guess we saved a few dollars but I really didn't see any huge difference from what we where using.

We use it every year on feeders in the lot. As long as you don't ever let it run out, it is a great feed. Don't have to start a tractor for it. The feedman does all the work. It will do a good job, but if you want to keep them growing and not get to fleshy, you will want to drop the ration to 60/40 or so, you will want to ask your rep to make sure. Most people use the 80/20 for feedlot cattle, but they will get a good layor of grease on them.

Acu ration is easier than most ways of feeding cattle. It doesn't do as good of a job as a TMR fed everyday. I will never use it but if you don't have time or equipment to feed a TMR it will work for you.

Latest posts