• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Agribition

Help Support Ranchers.net:

cowsense

Reaction score
Who on Ranchers will be attending Agribition in Regina this week and for what days........could be a chance for some to link up! BTW BMR will be buying drinks on Friday night...........all you gotta do is show up and maybe buy a ticket on your choice of the pen bull show and he'll gladly buy the drinks! :twisted: :p :p :drink: :nod: :nod: :cowboy:

cowsense said:
Who on Ranchers will be attending Agribition in Regina this week and for what days........could be a chance for some to link up! BTW BMR will be buying drinks on Friday night...........all you gotta do is show up and maybe buy a ticket on your choice of the pen bull show and he'll gladly buy the drinks! :twisted: :p :p :drink: :nod: :nod: :cowboy:

I'd love to since its less than 200 miles away - love to see the rodeo and drink some of BMR's whiskey :wink: but it ain't going to happen because Grandma's already got all kinds of family plans for the week.....

Last time I was at Agribition was in about 69 or 70- rode barebacks there because I remember it was right in the middle of Mahans All Around roll-Labatts beer rented a suite (at the Plainsman, I think it was called)- filled the bathtub full of ice and free beer- but when Mahan came in he brought his own bottle of scotch he stuck in the ice...We were only there one night to ride- spent the night partying in that suite, listening to Chris LeDoux sing (he was riding there), and headed on down the road to somewhere else in the morning-- but I remember it being a beautiful setup at the agribition- and they sure treated you right... Only problem was the ice under the arena was melting and a couple of the broncs and the bulls slipped down....

Friday night is the night. :wink: OT the CCA finals are at Agrbition now. 5 perfomances i think. They have quite a few horse event thru the week from Heavy horses to ranch horse competitions to colt starting , stock dogs. As well as the cattle shows and sales. They have a commercial sale of calves and bred hfrs, It's quite the show. One day doesn't really do it justice but rooms are at a premium so just go for the day of commercial calf sales and the SSGA Pick a Sire contest.

There is definitely something for everyone's tastes. I wonder what it will be like in 5 or 10 years........

1971 - Regina hosts the first Canadian Western Agribition. It will become North America's largest annual livestock show.
…….. Canadian Western Agribition was a dream envisioned by two Saskatchewan livestock men, Mr. Chris Sutter and Mr. Jim Lewthwaite.
…….. Word rapidly spread across the country and when the doors opened in 1971, the enthusiasm surpassed all expectations with over 2,500 entries. This included shows in Aberdeen Angus, Charolais, Galloway, Hereford, Red Poll, and Shorthorn, along with a Commercial Cattle, and Steer Show.

HISTORY OF AGRIBITION: http://www.em.ca/agribition/history.htm

2006 - November 20th to 25th, The 36th edition of Canadian Western Agribition.
…….. over 4,000 head of livestock including purebred beef, commercial and dairy cattle, heavy and light horses, sheep, goats, and bison are on display during the six day show.
…….. Agribition also hosts over 450 trade show exhibits (spanning 186,000 square feet) featuring agri-business & technology products and services, western arts and crafts, home and lifestyle products, as well as food products and samples.

THIS YEAR AT AGRIBITION: http://www.agribition.com/index.php

I drew the short straw so I won't get to go ! :( Our son is there all week helping friends in the Hereford barn and daughter and hubby are headed up for the Angus events on Weds and Thurs.

Big Muddy - I can tell them to start a tab at "The Swamp". 8) You can take care of it on Friday - that way you wouldn't miss anyone. :wink: :D

The Agribition is one of the funnest places I have ever been. How cold is it going to be there this year? Whenever I go it is usually freezing. If BMR is buying drinks that may be worth the trip. I spent a month in the SWAMP one day 8) That Canadian money just spends easier than the american money.

have a cold one, or two or three or.......

lazy ace

lazy ace said:
The Agribition is one of the funnest places I have ever been. How cold is it going to be there this year? Whenever I go it is usually freezing. If BMR is buying drinks that may be worth the trip. I spent a month in the SWAMP one day 8) That Canadian money just spends easier than the american money.

have a cold one, or two or three or.......

lazy ace

You and TTB better beat it up here on Thursday night then go in for Friday and back here for the night. Your sure welcome. That is unless you want to come for longer. We have beds.

Tam says it's OK that I posted under her name. Dang computers anyway. :oops:

Hey SSAP those drinks are over at the commercial barn right after the sale. A warm up to the SSGA Pick a Sire.

I'd like to go but I don't see it happening. Hubby's delivering bales all week to his uncle, at least till it gets too cold. Forecast doesn't sound good, starting Friday, it's supposed to get colder than a witch's t**.

Shelly,

We are the same way busy getting things caught up before it gets too cold. We all know this warm weather has to end sometime. Sure would like to go to Agribition!!

I had champion Saler bull at Agribition one time . It was a bull I owned a piece of . I never have been there but alot of the fellas I know like it. I've never been anywhere that is like Denver for money changing hands. How is agribition for selling cattle?

Red Robin; Why don't you just zip up and see for yourself? :p Think of the great time you could have as an international delegate. Most breeds have sales with pretty good averages and some high prices altho things don't usually get quite as steamy as Denver. There's a lot of private treaty deals done in the barns too; after all people are there to do business. Check with Hudson's about Agribition; they've been up several times as both spectators and judges!

I'd like to go. I should have gone when my bull was there but really didn't have the money or the time . It's a good show everyone says. Wes likes it very well. He's been a big supporter of Canadian genetics over the years. He's a good fella. You knew Richard died a couple years ago didn't you? Do you know Jay Timcheck? He goes almost every year I think. I'll come some day. The only thing I might not like they say that it's so cold when they open the doors to go out , the fog rolls into the building like opening a semen tank. :lol:

Tam I really appreciate the offer and wish we could take you up on it, but I am afraid Advil doesn't make a pill big enough for me to survive the swamp again. :oops:

have a cold one

lazy ace

Red Robin: The welcome mat is out anytime for Agribition and it is a good time; sure it's cold sometimes but it can be decent weather too. I'd heard about Richard's passing........did they completely disperse the cowherd?

As for the Agribition fog syndrome that is just a reminder that it's time to get into the swamp before it completely fills after tieout!

cowsense said:
Red Robin: The welcome mat is out anytime for Agribition and it is a good time; sure it's cold sometimes but it can be decent weather too. I'd heard about Richard's passing........did they completely disperse the cowherd?

As for the Agribition fog syndrome that is just a reminder that it's time to get into the swamp before it completely fills after tieout!
All that you would be interested. They have a set of blacks left. Deshazer bought the herefords. Pretty good set of cows. I'll come to Agribition some day. It's one of the places I havn't been but would like to go. International delegate I'm not but if you need a token hillbilly, I'll do in a pinch. If I make the trip some day I'll let you know ahead of time and see you there. Have fun and report back which RA bulls you like. :wink:

Latest posts