• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Ahhhhhhhhhhh.

Denny

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 10, 2005
Messages
5,632
Reaction score
0
Location
Mn usa
Got me some more grass. Enough pasture for about 40 pairs and 400 bales of stumpage. Just got back from making the deal. It is 2 miles from my home place and 2 miles from another big pasture we have.The price was par for our area and should work well with our other pieces.We can trail cows to it in the fall then home from there. I like not spending money on fuel.It seams like it's going to be a pleasure dealing with the owners nice people.
 

Denny

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 10, 2005
Messages
5,632
Reaction score
0
Location
Mn usa
I don't have the cows for the pasture but I'm sure I'll think of something. :wink:
 

Denny

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 10, 2005
Messages
5,632
Reaction score
0
Location
Mn usa
gcreekrch said:
Denny said:
I don't have the cows for the pasture but I'm sure I'll think of something. :wink:

Back to building trailers, part cash, part trade. :wink:

I've never got to the point of quiting the trailer gig. Anybody want to trade for a new 30' cattle trailer for 10 pairs or 60 ewe's. No goats or horses.
 

cowboyup

Well-known member
Joined
May 8, 2005
Messages
464
Reaction score
0
Location
where i am
Denny, you should look into running wild horses on your new pasture. Way more lucrative than cows! :wink:
 

Denny

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 10, 2005
Messages
5,632
Reaction score
0
Location
Mn usa
cowboyup said:
Denny, you should look into running wild horses on your new pasture. Way more lucrative than cows! :wink:


Now your funny might just as well run a stud with them also. Do my part to keep horses worth nothing.
 

Hereford76

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 13, 2005
Messages
1,163
Reaction score
0
Location
North Central Montana
Denny said:
gcreekrch said:
Denny said:
I don't have the cows for the pasture but I'm sure I'll think of something. :wink:

Back to building trailers, part cash, part trade. :wink:

I've never got to the point of quiting the trailer gig. Anybody want to trade for a new 30' cattle trailer for 10 pairs or 60 ewe's. No goats or horses.

that sounds like my kind of deal - i got the wrong color cattle tho. what's that trailer worth in $$ terms. do you have any pictures of it? i need another trailer pretty bad. the one i've got was originally ordered with prototype hubs and axils - one is slightly bent and will chew a tire up once a year pretty easy. can't find anyone to straighten it.
 

George

Well-known member
Joined
May 29, 2005
Messages
2,344
Reaction score
0
Location
Indiana
If you have a heavy truck ( semi ) alignment center they should be able to straighten your axel back to factory specs.

I have strightened axels with 20 ton jacks and chains but it can be quite a pain.
 

Hereford76

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 13, 2005
Messages
1,163
Reaction score
0
Location
North Central Montana
George said:
If you have a heavy truck ( semi ) alignment center they should be able to straighten your axel back to factory specs.

I have strightened axels with 20 ton jacks and chains but it can be quite a pain.

in our old shed there are steel hooks cemented in the floor and i tried using jack to straighten it - no luck. i'll have to look into the truck center. thanks
 

Denny

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 10, 2005
Messages
5,632
Reaction score
0
Location
Mn usa
Hereford76 said:
Denny said:
gcreekrch said:
Back to building trailers, part cash, part trade. :wink:

I've never got to the point of quiting the trailer gig. Anybody want to trade for a new 30' cattle trailer for 10 pairs or 60 ewe's. No goats or horses.

that sounds like my kind of deal - i got the wrong color cattle tho. what's that trailer worth in $$ terms. do you have any pictures of it? i need another trailer pretty bad. the one i've got was originally ordered with prototype hubs and axils - one is slightly bent and will chew a tire up once a year pretty easy. can't find anyone to straighten it.


Sold the trailer twice today go figure. First guy get's it 2nd guy ordered a new one just like it.

80"x30' triple 7000# axels $10,500

80"x30' 2-10,000# axels with 215 17.5 16 ply tires $12,500
 

gcreekrch

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 22, 2008
Messages
11,332
Reaction score
0
Location
west chilcotin bc
Went the route with the 10k axles and 16 ply tires. the tires are expensive and don't last. Much prefer the tandem dually 12000 lb axles under the two trailers now. 10 ply 16 inch tires are not as easily come by now as far as take offs from dealers but they are still cheaper and seem to be more forgiving than the others.

What would the heavier trailer weigh empty Denny?

edit.... Are those rubber torsion axles or springs?
 

Hereford76

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 13, 2005
Messages
1,163
Reaction score
0
Location
North Central Montana
whats the turn around on ordering a new one

i must be tired - there is a tiny little bug crawling across the screen and i can't kill it.
 

Denny

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 10, 2005
Messages
5,632
Reaction score
0
Location
Mn usa
Hereford76 said:
whats the turn around on ordering a new one

i must be tired - there is a tiny little bug crawling across the screen and i can't kill it.

Mid July

My son is wanting a few Registered Hereford Heifers do you sell any?
 
Top