• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

al gore

Help Support Ranchers.net:

BBJ

Reaction score
I was just wanting to get some responses to the reckless and thouhgtless remarks made by our former vice president. I know his hypocryscy (sp?) makes me proud. :x

BBJ said:
I was just wanting to get some responses to the reckless and thouhgtless remarks made by our former vice president. I know his hypocryscy (sp?) makes me proud. :x

Why don't you give us a link and let us make up our own minds about his "reckless and thoughtless remarks?" I understand he's called for an independent investigation of Bush's illegal wiretaps of American citizens. I think that's a good idea, and don't see why anyone would object. If what the President is doing is legal, why should he be concerned about an investigation? But I haven't seen the actual speech. Come on and put a link so people can discuss it if they want.

I'm curious as to what that dumba$$ said also. I would like to know so I may thrash Al Gore to shreads. I sure would enjoy that.

BBJ said:
I figure you can find the link yourself..

I probably could, but you made the claim " reckless and thouhgtless remarks." I do believe you haven't even read the speech, just blowing hot air. :)

Disagreeable said:
BBJ said:
I figure you can find the link yourself..

I probably could, but you made the claim " reckless and thouhgtless remarks." I do believe you haven't even read the speech, just blowing hot air. :)

the entire problem with you "what you believe". Go find it yourself and prove me wrong.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/thenation/20060117/cm_thenation/150069;_ylt=A86.I0WWlsxDYe8AChn9wxIF;_ylu=X3oDMTBjMHVqMTQ4BHNlYwN5bnN1YmNhdA--

I'm confused.

I mean sure... i can see where one might disagree. Especially if they're hung up on the fact that it was Gore's speech. but what's "reckless" or "thoughtless" in there?

The President and I agree on one thing. The threat from terrorism is all too real. There is simply no question that we continue to face new challenges in the wake of the attack on September 11th and that we must be ever-vigilant in protecting our citizens from harm.

Where we disagree is that we have to break the law or sacrifice our system of government to protect Americans from terrorism. In fact, doing so makes us weaker and more vulnerable.

As Ben Franklin put it 250 years ago, They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Off to read the rest and see if I can find the "reckless" and "thoughtless" stuff.

theHiredMansWife said:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/thenation/20060117/cm_thenation/150069;_ylt=A86.I0WWlsxDYe8AChn9wxIF;_ylu=X3oDMTBjMHVqMTQ4BHNlYwN5bnN1YmNhdA--

I'm confused.

I mean sure... i can see where one might disagree. Especially if they're hung up on the fact that it was Gore's speech. but what's "reckless" or "thoughtless" in there?

The President and I agree on one thing. The threat from terrorism is all too real. There is simply no question that we continue to face new challenges in the wake of the attack on September 11th and that we must be ever-vigilant in protecting our citizens from harm.

Where we disagree is that we have to break the law or sacrifice our system of government to protect Americans from terrorism. In fact, doing so makes us weaker and more vulnerable.

As Ben Franklin put it 250 years ago, They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Off to read the rest and see if I can find the "reckless" and "thoughtless" stuff.

Thanks, HMW. Keep us posted. I'll try to get to it later; may be tomorrow though. I want to be able to look it over closely and not miss those "reckless" and "thoughtless" comments. :)

For those of you that misssed what I refered to as reckless and thoughtless, it's the third sentence in the link you posted HMF.

And I quote ""A president who breaks the law is a threat to the very structure of our government." When you consider that clinton lied under oath and basically got away with it, then in my book that's reckless and thoughtless. Maybe I'm wrong here, but answering questions truthfully when under oath is a very important part of our judicial system. If the President of the United States of America can lie under oath then why can't the crack head, child molester, or killer do the same. It's not the fact that he is challenging the President in his speech it's just that sentence set me off.

BBJ said:
For those of you that misssed what I refered to as reckless and thoughtless, it's the third sentence in the link you posted HMF.

And I quote ""A president who breaks the law is a threat to the very structure of our government." When you consider that clinton lied under oath and basically got away with it, then in my book that's reckless and thoughtless.

:???:

What does Clinton have to do with this?

This was Gore's speech, remember?

(And while Slick Willy isn't exactly the type of person I'd invite to supper, lying about a BJ is a bit different than deliberately violating however many peoples' 4th Ammendment Rights...)

Had this been Clinton's speech we're discussing, I might see where you could complain about this aspect.
But it's not...

thanks for the advice, only problem is that I haven't heard what Rush has to say about this although I'm anxious to. What's your opinion on what I said about the third sentence by Gore? Do you Disagree?

Truly. Don't listen to Rush. You've got the link to the speech. Your own brain functions quite well, I'm sure. You really don't need Rush. lol
Like Al Franken, Rush exists for people that don't know how to do their own thinking.

So far as your question:

Franklyl I think it depends on the law.

If he jaywalks and lies about it, I highly doubt that's going to have much to do with the liberty of the citizens of our country.

On the other hand, if he deliberately denies people their Constitutional rights, I agree with all of the limited-gov't Republicans on this; it's not okay.

(BTW, I'm still not seeing "reckless" or "thoughtless"...)

Reckless and thoughtless in the fact that his boss put his hand on the bible and swore to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth so help me God then lied. He has admitted it. Now al gore says"A president who breaks the law is a threat to the very structure of our government." and expects to be taken seriously? I dont care about the seriousness of the crime. If I swear to tell the truth I would like to think that I would do just that.

As far as depending on the law, I think its pretty clear that when you go under oath you tell the truth.

BBJ said:
Reckless and thoughtless in the fact that his boss put his hand on the bible and swore to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth so help me God then lied. He has admitted it. Now al gore says"A president who breaks the law is a threat to the very structure of our government." and expects to be taken seriously? I dont care about the seriousness of the crime. If I swear to tell the truth I would like to think that I would do just that.

As far as depending on the law, I think its pretty clear that when you go under oath you tell the truth.

:???: :???:

I don't know about you, but I have very little control over what *my* boss does...

Like i said on the first page, you are keeping in mind that Gore made this speech, not Clinton, right?
Gore has never been president. Gore (so far as I know) has never lied under oath. And, so far as I know, Gore has never deliberately violated anyone's 4th Ammendment (or any other) rights.

Now do you actually have a complaint about Gore in here somewhere?

And does all of this blustering mean that you're one of those who thinks it's okay to trade liberty for security, shaky though it might be?

ARE YOU THAT BLIND? Yes I have a complaint about gore. He didn't then and doesn't now have the backbone to stand up for whats right.

And no I didn't say anything about having control over your boss, but you and gore and everybody else in this world has control over themselves and if he would have stood up and did the right thing then in my book that is worth more than anything else in this world. Never once did I say gore lied under oath. Man it's getting harder and harder to post on these boards each day. :evil: :evil: :evil:

simple hyposcricsy, thats it. He, like many democrats, is going after our President for breaking the law, but when one of there own does the same thing they stand by their man and do nothing.

Gore, if a man of character should not, because of his own conscience, be able to stand in front of a crowd and say what he did. This has nothing to do w/ clinton, it's just that gore should avoid at all cost saying something like that when he defended the basic same conduct of someone else.

Latest posts