• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

al gore

Help Support Ranchers.net:

It works both ways BBJ. To accuse one of breaking the law and then ignoring or defending another is also bad. Where are all these Republican politicians that were so worried about the "rule of law" during the Clinton years now?

SDSteve said:
It works both ways BBJ. To accuse one of breaking the law and then ignoring or defending another is also bad. Where are all these Republican politicians that were so worried about the "rule of law" during the Clinton years now?

OH I agree 100% if President Bush knowingly broke the law, then yes it should be looked into, and if impeachment is the answer then go for it. I'm not affraid to say that, I personally think this is just another attempt by the liberals to "get the President", and it will fail like so many other scandals they just knew they had him with. Only time will tell and maybe thats why the Republicans aren't jumping on board like you suggest. Could it be theres not as much truth to it as we've been told? Its happened before.

Am I wrong in my thinging?

Yes.

Clinton (the one who did something wrong, remember) has *already been* prosecuted for this. He has already had his impeachment hearings.

Gore (the guy who didn't do anything, remember) thinks the president should be closely scrutinized. Past issues don't make any difference in the matter that the president has been accused of privacy violations.

There is a special, secret court specifically set up to issue warrants for this very thing. It moves very quickly. Within hours. It can issue warrants retroactively (ie, after the tap has begun). They almost never say no.

Bush did not go through this route.
Why not?

Something stinks in Denmark, which was Gore's point.

If you want to think he's a hypocrit, so be it. Obviously no one's going to change your mind. Shoot, his entire administration should probably be hanged for his crimes, eh?
But that doesn't make his complaint any less of a concern...

Only time will tell and maybe thats why the Republicans aren't jumping on board like you suggest.

Like I suggest?
I linked you to a pretty conservative paper (the Wall Street Journal) which says it's considerably more than a Nebraska housewife's suggestion. :lol:

How can you have missed this? There is a struggle going on in the Republican party to re-define ideals and platforms.
Traditionally, it has been a very get-government-out party. But lately that's anything but true...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: HMW you'll never get it will you? Your right clinton has already been prosecuted, but this is not about him.
And gore the guy who didn't do anything, :? WAIT A MINUTE your right for a second time :eek: My point is that gore, in your words, who did nothing, is now closely scrutinizing our President for a legal/illegal, right/wrong, issue.

This has nothing to do with the PResident being accussed of privacy violations either. It has to do w/ gore being hypocritical politician and backing his man because his man was part of his party and then turning around and "scrutinizing" another simply for being a Republican. Now I have explained my opinion from every angle that I can think of, and quite frankly I feel like I've done an ok job, but if at this point you are still unable to see it then maybe my first line of this post applies.
Have a nice day HMW.

Trying to paint this eavesdropping uproar as a Dem versus Republican problem is more spin on your part. Bob Barr,Grover Norquist, David Keene, Alan Gottlieb, are not liberals, probably Republicans. But they're not at all happy with Bush's eavesdropping without a warrant. Entire article; link below; my emphasis.

"Contact: Laura Brinker, 202-715-1540, for Patriots to Restore Checks and Balances, [email protected].
WASHINGTON, Jan. 17 /U.S. Newswire/ -- Patriots to Restore Checks and Balances (PRCB) today called upon Congress to hold open, substantive oversight hearings examining the President's authorization of the National Security Agency (NSA) to violate domestic surveillance requirements outlined in the Federal Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA).
Former U.S. Rep. Bob Barr, chairman of PRCB, was joined by fellow conservatives Grover Norquist, president of Americans for Tax Reform (ATR); David Keene, chairman of the American Conservative Union; Paul Weyrich, chairman and CEO of the Free Congress Foundation and Alan Gottlieb, founder of the Second Amendment Foundation, in urging lawmakers to use NSA hearings to establish a solid foundation for restoring much needed constitutional checks and balances to intelligence law.
"When the Patriot Act was passed shortly after 9-11, the federal government was granted expanded access to Americans' private information," said Barr. "However, federal law still clearly states that intelligence agents must have a court order to conduct electronic surveillance of Americans on these shores. Yet the federal government overstepped the protections of the Constitution and the plain language of FISA to eavesdrop on Americans' private communication without any judicial checks and without proof that they are involved in terrorism."
The following can be attributed to PRCB members:
"I believe that our executive branch cannot continue to operate without the checks of the other branches. However, I stand behind the President in encouraging Congress to operate cautiously during the hearings so that sensitive government intelligence is not given to our enemies." -- Paul Weyrich, chairman and CEO, Free Congress Foundation
"Public hearings on this issue are essential to addressing the serious concerns raised by alarming revelations of NSA electronic eavesdropping." -- Grover Norquist, president, Americans for Tax Reform "The need to reform surveillance laws and practices adopted since 9/11 is more apparent now than ever. No one would deny the government the power it needs to protect us all, but when that power poses a threat to the basic rights that make our nation unique, its exercise must be carefully monitored by Congress and the courts. This is not a partisan issue; it is an issue of safeguarding the fundamental freedoms of all Americans so that future administrations do not interpret our laws in ways that pose constitutional concerns." -- David Keene, chairman, American Conservative Union
"If the law is not reformed, ordinary Americans' personal information could be swept into all-encompassing federal databases encroaching upon every aspect of their private lives. This is of particular concern to gun owners, whose rights guaranteed under the Second Amendment are currently being infringed upon under the Patriot Act's controversial record search provisions." -- Alan Gottlieb, founder, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriots to Restore Checks and Balances is an organization dedicated to protecting Americans' fundamental freedoms guaranteed by the Fourth Amendment and ensuring that all provisions of the Patriot Act are in line with the Constitution. For more information, visit the Web site at http://www.checksbalances.org.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1560319/posts

BBJ said:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: HMW you'll never get it will you?.

*shrug*

Or maybe you'll never get it. You're started this thread to berate a person, rather than discussing the points he brought up.

On second thought, maybe you're right.
I've never "gotten" people who do that...

Like Eleanor Roosevelt once said, "Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people."

FINALLY I'M GETTING THROUGH TO YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D Yes I did start this thread to as you put it "berate a person", YES. I did not start it to discuss the points he brought up, because I don't feel like he can be taken serious when discussing the issue of breaking the law, when he stood by and watched someone else do it, and said nothing. (notice how I didn't put any names in there so as not to confuse anyone :D ) This is great!!!

Thank you for the compliment on minds. Yes I was discussing a person, in your mind :cry: .... but in my mind it was the IDEA of knowing right from wrong was the issue I was after.

MAN YOU JUST MADE MY DAY. :D

Latest posts