• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Al Jazeera

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Disagreeable

Reaction score
Is the man mad? Bomb a foreign news agency? "Outlandish" said Scott, but he didn't say they weren't true, not that anyone believes him any more since the Plame thing. The Brits aren't denying it either, just making threats if more info is published, after they were contacted before the original story was published. What's the truth here?
Excerpts; link below; my emphasis.

"Britain has warned media organizations they are breaking the law if they publish details of a leaked document said to show U.S. President George W. Bush wanted to bomb Arabic television station Al Jazeera."

"Al Jazeera, which has repeatedly denied U.S. accusations it sides with insurgents in Iraq, called on Britain and the United States to state quickly whether the report was accurate."
"Kevin Maguire, the Mirror's associate editor, said government officials had given no indication of any legal problems with the story when contacted before publication.
"We were astonished, 24 hours later, to be threatened with the Official Secrets Act and to be requested to give various undertakings to avoid being injuncted," he told BBC radio.
Al Jazeera said that, if true, the story would raise serious doubts about the U.S. administration's version of previous incidents involving the station's journalists and offices.
In 2001, the station's Kabul office was hit by U.S. bombs and in 2003 Al Jazeera reporter Tareq Ayyoub was killed in a U.S. strike on its Baghdad office. The United States has denied deliberately targeting the station. "

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20051123/ts_nm/britain_usa_jazeera_dc

This is a bad idea. I think we should wait until they have their Christmas party. Oh, wait. They don't have Christmas parties, do they? Well, whatever. Just wait until all of their correspondents are in from the field and in the same building. Get as many of 'em as possible.

Thanks for the heads-up, Dis. I think I'll email Rumsfeld and tell him to hold off.

I watched a documentary about Al Jazeera - forgot what it was called - but it was pretty obvious that they had no intention of broadcasting anything except anti-american propaganda since the first days of the invasion.

mp.freelance said:
I watched a documentary about Al Jazeera - forgot what it was called - but it was pretty obvious that they had no intention of broadcasting anything except anti-american propaganda since the first days of the invasion.

And that makes it ok to bomb them?

And that makes it ok to bomb them?
That would have been more than okay. If I were president, God forbid, they would have been bombed into oblivion.

Why should our military not wipe the enemy and all their supporters, in any capacity, off the face of the earth instead of allowing them to continue to sow hatred of the United States, otherwise known as the "Great Satan"? They are no different than Tokyo Rose during WWII and they do vastly more damage in the Moslem world than her propaganda spiels ever did.

I'm with X though – timing is everything.

Liberty Belle said:
If I were president, God forbid, they would have been bombed into oblivion.
:clap: Maybe you can still be President someday? At least give it some thought? Whenever you get ready to start putting that campaign war chest together, my checkbooks are open.

I'll even do your polling for free. :wink:

Latest posts