• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Alberta Election - Wildrose?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Neil Waugh

Reaction score
You folks south of the Medicine Line may not be aware of this, but there's another campaign in Ranch Country that's burning and turning right now.
Anyone NOT voting Wildrose in the Alberta election? Just though I'd check.

You might be waiting a day or two for the Dani Dollars to flow. But it's a nice thought.
Went out and bought a reel for my 8-weight fly rod with my Ralph Bucks cheque, spare spool and a couple of lines. With enough left over for a few pops down at the local saloon.
Same drill as the Alaska Permanent Fund cheques for folks who may be a tad bewildered what we're talking about.

Steve said:
the balancing of the budget in the plan.

forgive me fro not understanding the complex political system you have up north.. but what is a balanced budget?

It's that strange critter that happens once in a while in Alberta when the money taken in in revenues (taxes, oil and gas royalties and well licenses, stumpage, etc.) equals the amount spent on roads, education, hospitals, health care, the bureaucracy, ag programs, the list is a long one.
If we ever get back to a surplus position one party called Wildrose promises to give some of the extra money back. Just like Alaska. 300 bucks for every man, woman and child.
But they need a pot of about $1 billion first.
Sounds like a lot but little turn around in natural gas prices and it's do-able.

Can't vote Wildrose now, one of their candidates said something bad about our beloved gay's. The other parties are throwing "old white men" under the bus and it's not news but say something controversial about a gay and they all go berserk!! Please Please Lord let Wildrose win the election.

My Father ran, albiet unsuccessfully, for the Alberta Progressive Conservatives on the 18th day of June 1959. When I came of age I voted for the Conservatives when they came to power in 1971. I remained faithful for decades. NO MORE. My reasons are many but property rights are at the top of the list. Wildrose all the way!!

Latest posts