• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Alberta Hay Outfit Underway

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Battle T

Reaction score
We finally got started, a few days behind schedule but it looks like we will have a good week to get wrapped up, then get a big rain to get our second cut going. Hay is now trading at 125-150$ a bale so we need all we can get. It looks like I will have enough for the year. with the first cut and a small silage field.

My Challenger Tractor and Degelman Hay rake are a well matched team

5745393_orig.jpg

My Massey 2956 Baler and 7616 Tractor are even color matched

2695526_orig.jpg

Result was 85 1500 lb bales which is only 65% of last year but with only 1.5 inches of rain to get it growing i'm happy. I have 200 acres to go and those fields have a lot more material

5944273_orig.jpg

Mike said:
What are we cutting all this hay with?

I use a 12' Hesston 1345 hydrowswing Discbine. It does a great job I can cut up to 11 mph as long as the molehills are not too rough on my unit and my back.

well, I wish you luck, and hope you don't sell any of that Alberta hay to Scott Piggott.... you might not get paid!

448 69 inch bales made. It looks like we are finally going to get some serious rain this week to get my silage and second cut going. Feels pretty good to have enough feed for the winter.

Latest posts