• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

All worked up.....

Help Support Ranchers.net:

starvin'dog

Reaction score
....and no place to go hunting.
Got a call yesterday to take my brother in law to find an elk. Yesterday was the last day of archery season. 5 o'clock he calls and cancels, bow trouble.
Well I'm all dressed up so decide to go out anyway. Walked through a ravine in the mist and topped out to find a fat spiker feeding at 30 yards. Watched him for a few minutes and a beatiful 5x6 steps out beside him.
The weather has been good here and I hadn't taken the time to get a tag so was kicking myself a little about that, but really enjoyed my evening. Walked back to the truck and spotted a Huge bull coming across the field to me. There aren't many really big bulls around here anymore so I was pumped!
Rifle season starts in ten days so I've got a few nights of tossing and turning ahead. So if you see me on Ranchers at 3 am.....

I'll look for him on the opener, but by 5 minutes after daylight any legal bull is going to take a dirt nap. Legal here is a 6 inch spike on one side.
I've shot some big bulls and putting 500 pounds of meat through a crock pot gets old.

Now ya got me all worked up too! :D Hope ya can thump a bull that tastes great and carries lots of bone on his head. I gotta wait til late October to chase mule deer and it's killing me too! :shock: :D

Latest posts