• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

amricans buy large canadian ranch

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Jeannie said:
According to a chiropracter I know pretty good, aspartame began it's life as an embalming fluid. Don't know what changes were made (if any) to recycle it to an artificial sweetner. :???:

Not exactly accurate but close!

BEWARE OF ASPARTAME! (aka NutraSweet, Equal, Spoonful, etc.)

Aspartame is a table-top sweetener developed by the G.D. Searle Co., a division of the Montsanto Co. and marketed under the trademark NutraSweet, Equal or Spoonful. It is the most common sweetener in Diet Colas, and is found in over 9,000 food products. So, is it good for you?

Many people drink Diet drinks and eat sugar-free, assuming they are doing something healthy by avoiding sugar and avoiding weight gain. But, think again!

Aspartame is a mixture of two amino acids (aspartate and phenylalanine) and methanol (or wood alcohol).

Methanol is wood alcohol that has killed or blinded thousands of skid row drunks. It converts into formaldehyde and formic acid (ant sting poison) in the gut. Formaldehyde, a deadly neurotoxin, is common in enbalming fluid, a Class A carcinogen (cancer causing agent). Phenylalanine is also neurotoxic when unaccompanied by the other amino acids in proteins. Scientific literature presents evidence that Aspartate causes neuroendocrine disorders in experimental animals.

Scientific literature states that symptoms of aspartame ingestion can include:
Abdominal Pain, Anxiety attacks, Arthritis, Asthma and Asthmatic Reactions, Bloating, Edema (Fluid Retention), Blood Sugar Control Problems (Hypoglycemia or Hyperglycemia), Brain Cancer (in animal studies), Breathing Difficulties, Burning Eyes or Throat, Burning Urination, Can't Think Straight, Chest Pains, Chronic Cough, Chronic Fatigue, Confusion ("like thinking in a fog"), Depression, Diarrhea, Dizziness, Excessive Thirst or Hunger, Fatigue, Feeling Unreal, Flushing of Face, Hair Loss (Baldness) or Thinning of Hair, Headaches/Migraines, Hearing Loss, Heart Palpitations, Hives (Urticaria), Hypertension (High Blood Pressure), Impotency and Sexual Problems, Inability to Concentrate, Infection Susceptibility, Insomnia, Irritability, Itching, Joint Pains, Laryngitis, Marked Personality Changes, Memory Loss, Menstrual Problems or Changes, Migraines and Severe Headaches (Triggered By or Caused From Chronic Intake), Muscle Spasms, Nausea or Vomiting, Numbness or Tingling of Extremities, Other Allergic-Like Reactions, Panic Attacks, Phobias, Poor Memory, Rashes, Seizures and Convulsions, Slurring of Speech, Swallowing Pain, Tachycardia (rapid heartbeat or pulse), Tremors, Tinnitus, Vertigo, Weight Gain.

Literature states that Aspartame Disease mimics symptoms or worsens the following diseases:
Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD), Alzheimer's Disease, Arthritis, Birth Defects, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Diabetes and Diabetic Complications, Epilepsy, Fibromyalgia, Lupus, Lyme Disease, Lymphoma, Multiple Chemical Sensitivities (MCS), Multiple Sclerosis (MS), Parkinson's Disease, Panic Disorder, Depression and other Psychological Disorders.

In his book "Excitotoxins: The Taste That Kills" (ISBN 0-929173-25-2), Russell Blaylock, MD, a neurosurgeon, states that aspartame may trigger clinical diabetes. He further states that excitotoxins such as NutraSweet literally stimulate neurons to death, causing brain damage of varying degrees. He additionally states: "What really concerns me about aspartame, is its association with brain tumors as well as pancreatic, uterine and ovarian tumors. ... and that so many develop an Alzheimers-like syndrome with prolonged exposure." Dr. Blaylock's book contains an excellent bibliography with numerous scientific references.

The website Aspartame is Not Safe contains some important reading on the effects of Aspartame on the human body. From the homepage, click on the "92 FDA listed SYMPTOMS ... ".

Additional information is available at the Price-Pottenger Nutritional Foundation at http://www.price-pottenger.org/Articles/Aspartame.html

Kathy said:
There is no shortage of Canadian ranchers wanting out of the business. However, I strongly object to non-Canadians being allowed to own Canadian soil.

If they want to use our natural grasslands for raising cattle, they should get their derriers to a Canadian embassy and become a Canadian citizen. Move here, live here, and spend your hard earned cash in your local community.

Probably wishful thinking? Our governments are selling the land and resources out from under us Canadians. When are we going to wake up? This land is our land, not your land. (Your - referring to any foreigner that wants to own the property but not live on it).

Not to say the purchase you mentioned, won't see the foreign backers ($$) moving here - must keep an open mind; but, it is highly unlikely, don't you think?

I can certainly understand where you are coming from, nor do I fault you a bit for feeling that way. If your government is like most, yes, it's probably wishful thinking. Not only will they sell the land, they will probably give the foreigners tax breaks for buying it! :x Go figure! :?

Kathy said:
Bloody hell, I'm not used to reading so many smart comebacks and synical remarks, like we are seeing after this USA announcement. Lively discussions going on here. I'm glad to have such a terrific source of information, and very up to date.

Mike brings up Coke Cola and Pepsi, and I just have to comment.

The aspartame in the diet produts of these two giant companies is probably a heck of alot more dangerous than malformed prion proteins, in our food. Every once and a while I come across a medical report or news article on the harmful effects of aspartame, first developed by Searle, and then bought out by Monsanto. The patent protection on aspartame has run out and lots of companies are making their own versions of it now. See the Wikipedia online encyclopedia, look it up.

Please don't eat it. Natural sugars are the only sweeteners you should use. Have a good night.

Kathy I took a look at the Wikipedia online encyclopedia by chance the other day and the thing I found strange is that anyone that wants to edit the information on a givin page can do so. I was looking at the page about the area I live in and very little of the information was correct. So this is probably not a credible source of information.

Border rancher. The ranch is listed as "sold " on the Medicine Hat MLS. Rumors have it that there has been no money trade hands as of yet.

Latest posts