• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

An evening spent with IAN TYSON

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Jason

Reaction score
I'm not a fan of country type musac.... but Ian Tyson has or maybe it is had a ranch 30 miles West of me.

He's just another rancher type in these parts. :wink:

When we first went out to Elko for the poetry Gathering, he always played at the Stockmens. We always enjoyed him and I still enjoy his music.

I've heard he can be a prima donna, but I've never visited with him, other than to ask when he was coming to our state and he said that evidently we couldn't afford him, as he tried to get here a few times, but they always balked at the cost. This was in 1989 and he said they charged $5000. I bet he wouldn't come for that now! :lol:

He was here last year, but few were willing to pay $50 a head for the tickets, and he got sick, so they cancelled the tour.

Any more, for cowboy music, I listen to Jesse Ballintyne (husband of the artist Carrie Ballintyne) and Dave Stamey, Tom Russel, RW Hampton and a host of others. I like the music from people who have lived the life, not that Ian didn't, years ago.

Latest posts