• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

And Geo Will is at it again

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Disagreeable

Reaction score
The article made me smile. Mr. Will is not happy with the Consevative President, George W. Bush. Link to the full article below:

"For a few conservatives, the accumulation of discontents may have begun building toward today's critical mass in December 2001 with the No Child Left Behind law, which intruded the federal government deeply into the state and local responsibility of education, grades K through 12. That intrusion has been accompanied by a 51 percent increase in the budget of the Education Department that conservatives once aspired to abolish.

The accumulation accelerated in December 2003, when the Republican House leadership held open for three hours the vote on adding a prescription-drug benefit to Medicare. The time was needed to browbeat enough conservatives to pass the largest expansion of the welfare state since LBJ—an entitlement with an unfunded liability larger than that of Social Security. The president's only believable veto threat in nearly five years was made to deter an attempt to cut spending by trimming the drug entitlement.

Agriculture subsidies increased 40 percent while farm income was doubling. Conservatives concerned about promiscuous uses of government were appalled when congressional Republicans waded into the Terri Schiavo tragedy. Then came the conjunction of the transportation bill and Katrina. The transportation bill's cost, honestly calculated, exceeded the threshold that the president had said would trigger his first veto. (He is the first president in 176 years to serve a full term without vetoing anything. His father cast 44 vetoes. Ronald Reagan's eight-year total was 78.) In 1987 Reagan vetoed a transportation bill because it contained 152 earmarks—pork—costing $1.4 billion. The bill President Bush signed contained 6,371, costing $24 billion. The total cost of the bill—$286 billion—is more, in inflation-adjusted dollars, than the combined costs of the Marshall Plan and the interstate highway system."

Terrible, just terrible. :)

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9629463/site/newsweek/

I agree with George Will, but so what? I've asked you several times why you're gloating. This is your country too! By the way, I clarified my answers on the "And for MP" thread, but you haven't replied. Did I just make too much sense? :???: :)

mp.freelance said:
I agree with George Will, but so what? I've asked you several times why you're gloating. This is your country too! By the way, I clarified my answers on the "And for MP" thread, but you haven't replied. Did I just make too much sense? :???: :)

No, you didn't make too much sense. :roll: I'm not gloating. I'm pointing out the fools on this board who think George W. Bush's poop don't stink that they're wrong. This war is a disaster. Americans will continue to die until someone has the guts to admit that a lot of mistakes were made and we get our troops out of there and let the Iraqis work it out among themselves. BTW, I put you into the "poop don't stink" group.

mp.freelance - don't let ol' dis get you down. There's a stench coming from this board all right, but it only shows up after disagreeable shoots his/her/it's mouth off. Disagreeable is incapable of civil discourse, but this board gets pretty boring without having he/she/it (say that fast and you'll understand the smell) around for entertainment.

Why would I let disagreeable get me down? Like you said, he/she/it is a prime source of amusement.

Dis: As for me being in the "poop don't stink" category, that's just ridiculous, and you know it. I defend Bush for what I think he deserves defending, but come down on him for the pork-barrel spending and lack of planning.

And please, at least don't pretend that you're not gloating. Everything that goes wrong in Iraq, at home, or anywhere else absolutely delights you because it means you can blame it on Bush and continue your bitching:

If that's not gloating, I don't know what gloating is.

mp.freelance said:
Why would I let disagreeable get me down? Like you said, he/she/it is a prime source of amusement.

Dis: As for me being in the "poop don't stink" category, that's just ridiculous, and you know it. I defend Bush for what I think he deserves defending, but come down on him for the pork-barrel spending and lack of planning.

Glad to help you make it through the day. No, your support of Bush's war falls into the same category as Faster Horses, et al.

And please, at least don't pretend that you're not gloating. Everything that goes wrong in Iraq, at home, or anywhere else absolutely delights you because it means you can blame it on Bush and continue your bitching:

If that's not gloating, I don't know what gloating is.

Oh, I'm happy to gloat about the infighting among Conservatives. I'm not happy about what's happening in Iraq. But keep spinning if it will make it easier for you to look yourself in the eye and justify young Americans dying in Iraq and the $Billions of American money being wasted.

:liar: :liar: :liar: :liar: :liar: :liar: :liar: :liar: :liar: :liar: :liar: :liar: :liar: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :liar: :liar: :liar: :liar: :liar: :liar: :liar: :liar: :liar: :liar: :liar:

Latest posts