• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

and yet a little more on Palin's "death panels"

Help Support Ranchers.net:

hypocritexposer

Reaction score
scary stuff......

This woman describes the call made to the Mark Levin show by a neurosurgeon that had just attended a conference in DC.....Mark Levin said afterwards that they did vet the caller and he is who he said he was.

You can listen to the call yourself, it's @ the 44:30 mark at the link

http://rope.zmle.fimc.net/player/player.html?url=http%3A%2F%2Fpodloc.andomedia.com%2FdloadTrack.mp3%3Fprm%3D2069xhttp%3A%2F%2Fpodfuse-dl.andomedia.com%2F800185%2Fpodfuse-origin.andomedia.com%2Fcitadel_origin%2Fpods%2Fmarklevin%2FLevin11222011.mp3

the woman's description of what she heard the caller say

As regular readers know, I rarely listen to talk radio — the reception is lousy in the house and when I'm driving I like to listen to my cd's. But I was monitoring traffic on the all-news station and something annoyed me so I started flipping around. I hit the Mark Levin show and was stopped in my tracks by a conversation between Levin and a caller who identified himself as a neurosurgeon. Now I need to confirm if this is real.

The caller said that he had recently gone to Washington to participate in a conference involving both the American Association of Neurosurgeons (AANS) and the Congress of Neurological Surgeons (CNS). I couldn't take notes while driving, but the gist of the call was this: these surgeons were told, by a member of the Department of Health and Human Services that under the new health insurance legislation (aka Obamacare) government-insured people over the age of 70 who present with brain issues — stroke, hemorrhages, etc — would see no automatic surgical intervention, as they might now. Before any surgery could be begun, an "ethics" panel — made up not of doctors but of administrators and bureaucrats — would convene assess whether the person would be treated. "As a general course, though," the caller said, "only 'comfort care' would be offered if you're over 70."

"So, generally speaking, it will be 'comfort care only' for patients over 70? That will be the rule, rather than the exception?" Asked a horrified-sounding Levin.

"Yes, but they're not referred to as patients, or even subjects," the caller corrected, "they're called 'units'. That's what they called them."

The caller made a point — as I think any neurosurgeon or nurse or well-read person would — that when it comes to brain-bleeds and strokes the faster the intervention, be it medical or surgical, the better a patient's chances of minimizing damage; the faster the intervention, the better chance of overall recovery. "My ancestry is German," the doctor said, (paraphrasing from memory) "and I am troubled by what I heard; to have administrators instead of doctors make the assessment…right now, if you come in at 2 AM with a stroke, no one is convening a panel — we're going to aggressively attempt to limit the damage."

Under Obamacare, an "ethics panel" will convene to determine whether your life is worth saving or not. But you will not be a "you"; you will be a thoroughly de-humanized "unit." And the reason you will be a "unit" is because if this enlightened sort of "ethics panel" discussed you as a male or a female, they might be tempted to think of you as a human being — someone's mother or sister or wife — a person who is beloved, and whose life is valued, even if the brain and body aren't functioning at optimal levels.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/theanchoress/2011/11/23/assessing-people-as-units-is-evil/

As long as a group of government employees are employed in making the decision (versus a single person like Obama), I've got no problem with the idea. Afterall, if it's good enough for the killing an American citizen wihtout a single day in court, then it should be good enough for any old geezer American citizen, no?

Latest posts