• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Angus Heifers to Evaluate

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Nebraska Sandhills

Reaction score
Had a few minutes on Sunday to snap some pictures of the replacements. The first three are registered Angus and the last one is a commercial. The first one is my favorite...and from there it's a tossup. We just got through AI'ing them and are glad to have them out to grass for the summer.

8256.jpg

8102.jpg

8231.jpg

8107.jpg

Nice girls. I like 1 and 4 better because I think they have a little more barrel. I would be willing to see how they all turn out as cows though.

gcreekrch said:
Justin said:
1,4,2,3 is how i would rank them. they all look like they should make real nice cows!

Good to know ol' team ropers see the same thing. :D

Hard to tell with pictures-but 1 and 4 are about a tossup-- but to be different I'd go 4-1-2-3.....

Just to be different I would place this class of heifers 2-4-1-3. Number two just looks straighter, better balanced, more dignified and more feminine, so she gets my top spot. They are all very nice heifers.

Richard Doolittle said:
They look nice. It's hard to tell size from pictures, but they look to be pretty good sized. What are they weighing as yearlings?

They are weighing right around 900-925 lbs. right now.

Faster horses said:
4-2-1-3 for my pick.

Who did you AI them to?

Black cattle certainly look good on green grass!

The #1 heifer was AI'd to Paramount Ambush 2172, the rest to Sinclair Extravagant 6X7 (Accelerated Genetics stud). We also used several proven Jorgensen calving ease sires.

Thank you for the comments. The heifers are all Jorgensen and Sinclair bloodlines. I'm slowly building my herd of registered cattle and appreciate your unbiased opinions.

leanin' H said:
I'd take a pen of heifers just like #4. :D

Thievin' desert rats......now yer braggin about yer iron n' steel business on the internet super highway. Never seen such a brazen thing in all my born days............... :shock: :shock: :p :p :p :p :p :p :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Latest posts