• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Anita Perry says press, fellow GOP have ‘brutalized’ husband

Help Support Ranchers.net:

flounder

Reaction score
Anita Perry says press, fellow GOP have 'brutalized' husband's campaign

Posted on October 13, 2011 at 2:22 pm

by Richard Dunham in Campaign 2012, Gov. Rick Perry

A tearful Anita Perry said Thursday that she and her husband, Texas Gov. Rick Perry, had been "brutalized" by fellow Republicans and the news media, and suggested that the attacks were linked to his Christian faith.

Anita Perry said that God had called her husband to run for president and likened the decision to encountering "a burning bush." She said that God was testing Perry with his current difficulties. ...

snip...

"We have been brutalized and beaten up and chewed up in the press to where I need this today," she told the audience at North Greenville University. "We still feel called. We are being brutalized by our opponents, and our own party. So much of that is, I think they look at him, because of his faith. He is the only true conservative — well, there are some true conservatives. And they're there for good reasons. And they may feel like God called them, too. But I truly feel like we are here for that purpose." ...

snip...

In an emotional recounting of the Texas governor's decision to run for president, Anita Perry said the Lord spoke to her before persuading her husband to run.

"God was already speaking to me but he (Rick) didn't want to hear it," she told the sympathetic audience. "I said you may not see that burning bush, but there are people seeing that burning bush for you."

Anita Perry discussed her lifetime of church attendance and credited her late grandfather, a deacon in her Abilene-area church.

"I've never told this to anybody before," she said, fighting back tears and gesturing toward heaven. "My grandfather still speaks to me today."

snip...

http://blog.chron.com/rickperry/2011/10/anita-perry-says-she-and-rick-have-been-brutalized-by-fellow-republicans-press-because-of-their-faith/

:cry2: :cry2:

Jefferson's Letter to the Danbury Baptists The Final Letter, as Sent

Believing with you that religion is a matter which lies solely between Man & his God, that he owes account to none other for his faith or his worship, that the legitimate powers of government reach actions only, & not opinions, I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should "make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof," thus building a wall of separation between Church & State.

Th Jefferson Jan. 1. 1802 ;

http://www­.loc.gov/l­oc/lcib/98­06/danpre.­html

this is your typical hypocritic­al far right republican­, that does nothing more than impose their moral and cultural _scrupulos­ity_ on others. ...

As much time you spend checking up on Perry must mean that you are fanticizing about him.
EH DR terry self proclaimed expert, H/S drop out,,, Need to get a hold of those naughty thoughts you are having, I do not think Perry would be interested in YOU :roll: :roll: :roll:

once again founder has a lame argument for distorting the Constitution..

in you lame understanding of the Constitution, you want a candidate to leave his faith? or worse have none...

either way.. just scrutinizing his faith in the context of the Constitution, puts you at odds with the Constitution.

The United States Constitution as found in Article VI, paragraph 3, and states that:

The Senators and Representatives before mentioned, and the Members of the several State Legislatures, and all executive and judicial Officers, both of the United States and of the several States, shall be bound by Oath or Affirmation, to support this Constitution; but no religious test shall ever be required as a qualification to any office or public trust under the United States.

In an emotional recounting of the Texas governor's decision to run for president, Anita Perry said the Lord spoke to her before persuading her husband to run.

"God was already speaking to me but he (Rick) didn't want to hear it," she told the sympathetic audience. "I said you may not see that burning bush, but there are people seeing that burning bush for you."

Anita Perry discussed her lifetime of church attendance and credited her late grandfather, a deacon in her Abilene-area church.

"I've never told this to anybody before," she said, fighting back tears and gesturing toward heaven. "My grandfather still speaks to me today."

I would say that Mrs Perry just handed the peanut gallery a wedge to drive Gov. Perry out of the race..

her comments will be dragged out by every wackjob wanting to take a stab at Gov. Perry's faith.. and used as a reason to say why he shouldn't be elected..

Some people, in this case, flounder, do not look far enough to determine the true meaning of what was written by the founders.

"make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof,"

The "Church of England" type of church or religion is what the Founders were writing about.

I'm pretty sure Perry has never attempted pass legislation which would start a new religion or church, but he is freely exercising his right to worship.

Nothing to see here......

hypocritexposer said:
Some people, in this case, flounder, do not look far enough to determine the true meaning of what was written by the founders.

"make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof,"

The "Church of England" type of church or religion is what the Founders were writing about.

I'm pretty sure Perry has never attempted pass legislation which would start a new religion or church, but he is freely exercising his right to worship.

it is hard to comprehend anyone not understanding that, we get taught it in school..

Steve said:
hypocritexposer said:

it is hard to comprehend anyone not understanding that, we get taught it in school..

Probably would not have been any religion controversy if the Texas Perry supporter who is a minister hadn't brought it up- and called the Morman religion a cult- and telling all "Christians" to vote against Romney because of it (which he also put on the Churchs website- which may lose that Church their IRS religious exemtion)...

Technically, Mormonism could be called a cult. As could Catholicism, or any other religion and not be offensive to anyone.

Webster says:

cult
noun, often attributive \ˈkəlt\

Definition of CULT

1: formal religious veneration : worship

2: a system of religious beliefs and ritual; also: its body of adherents

3: a religion regarded as unorthodox or spurious; also: its body of adherents

4: a system for the cure of disease based on dogma set forth by its promulgator <health cults>

5: great devotion to a person, idea, object, movement, or work (as a film or book); especially: such devotion regarded as a literary or intellectual fad

Oldtimer said:
Steve said:
hypocritexposer said:

Probably would not have been any religion controversy if the Texas Perry supporter who is a minister hadn't brought it up- and called the Morman religion a cult- and telling all "Christians" to vote against Romney because of it (which he also put on the Churchs website- which may lose that Church their IRS religious exemtion)...

did you mistype this? why would a supporter tell Christians not to vote for Perry?

and why did you put quotations around Christians?

Do you consider those that make an effort to lie or misrepresent, to be "quasi Christians"?

You wouldn't happen to be a "Christian", would you OT?

Still waiting for that apology.........

hypocritexposer said:
Perry's son had to give up his employment because he wanted to help his father with his campaign.

What's up with that?

ABC News reported that the 28-year old recently quit his job to start an independent consulting firm and to focus on campaigning for his father. He lives in Dallas with his wife, who works as an attorney.

NOTE: He QUIT his job....ya know, just like Sarah does.

jingo2 said:
hypocritexposer said:
Perry's son had to give up his employment because he wanted to help his father with his campaign.

What's up with that?

ABC News reported that the 28-year old recently quit his job to start an independent consulting firm and to focus on campaigning for his father. He lives in Dallas with his wife, who works as an attorney.

Yup, and Buckwheat and Hitlary quit their jobs in the Senate, too. Get a clue, KooKooKatchoo.

WOOOOOOOOSSSHHH
Things like that goes right over kolo=jing0=lulu=allie's head!!
She can't even figure out which Starbucks she visits :wink: :wink: :wink:

jingo2 said:
hypocritexposer said:

What's up with that?

:lol: :lol: :roll:

Latest posts