• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Anniversary

Help Support Ranchers.net:

webfoot

Reaction score
Three years ago today we moved in here. In some ways if feels like yesterday. In others it seems like a long time ago. The first picture was taken the first week we were here. The second one today. In the three years the house got a new roof on the two story portion. The entire down stairs interior has been painted some of it twice (you can't see that in these pictures). The corral and cattle handling facilities have been made new and seriously improved. The barn and chicken house painted (about 35 gallons of red paint). Two loafing sheds brought back from the dead including new roofs, walls, and painted. A new garden established with deer fence. Fences rebuilt and repaired. Weed control which had been lacking previously worked on (an on going project). Lots of old lumber, brush, tree trimmings, etc piled and burned. Cows fed and calved. Viewed over 50 different species of wildlife mostly out our living room window. I don't think that is a complete list but I am getting tired just thinking about all that has been accomplished by the two of us.
The trees along the river have grown up some in the last three years making a little difference in the pictures. This is certainly home. And we are blessed to be able to live here. How many are able to spin a quad out on the county road in front of their place to take pictures. Park in the middle of the road to take pictures without any concern about traffic. We have worked hard but we are truly blessed.

Attachments

• P7171117.JPG
    P7171117.JPG
    87.7 KB · Views: 35
  • P6252582.JPG
    P6252582.JPG
    75.8 KB · Views: 36
Three years ago today we moved in here. In some ways if feels like yesterday. In others it seems like a long time ago. The first picture was taken the first week we were here. The second one today. In the three years the house got a new roof on the two story portion. The entire down stairs interior has been painted some of it twice (you can't see that in these pictures). The corral and cattle handling facilities have been made new and seriously improved. The barn and chicken house painted (about 35 gallons of red paint). Two loafing sheds brought back from the dead including new roofs, walls, and painted. A new garden established with deer fence. Fences rebuilt and repaired. Weed control which had been lacking previously worked on (an on going project). Lots of old lumber, brush, tree trimmings, etc piled and burned. Cows fed and calved. Viewed over 50 different species of wildlife mostly out our living room window. I don't think that is a complete list but I am getting tired just thinking about all that has been accomplished by the two of us.
The trees along the river have grown up some in the last three years making a little difference in the pictures. This is certainly home. And we are blessed to be able to live here. How many are able to spin a quad out on the county road in front of their place to take pictures. Park in the middle of the road to take pictures without any concern about traffic. We have worked hard but we are truly blessed.
You have been busy! Nice place back then and nicer now!
To be content is one of life's greatest joys.

The wife was looking at the two pictures and decide the first one was taken in the morning and I know the second in the afternoon. Can't really see her paint job on the barn as it is in the shadows. She wants another picture taken in the morning.

The morning picture. You can see the paint job on the barn. The new rails on the corral show up too. A couple little sections of the corral and along the driveway need new rails. I need about another 100 lodgepole rails to be finished. But not in this weather.

Attachments

• P6252588.JPG
    P6252588.JPG
    78.4 KB · Views: 29

Latest posts