• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Another fightn' Dem

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Disagreeable

Reaction score
"I'm Charles D. Brown, Lt. Colonel, USAF Retired and I'm running for California's 4th District seat in Congress.

Born in Iowa, I grew up in small farm towns, doing farm work and absorbing strong mid-Western values. I received a Congressional Appointment to the U. S. Air Force Academy and graduated in 1972. As a rescue helicopter pilot based in Thailand at the end of the Vietnam War, I participated in the evacuation of Phnom Penh, and the Mayaguez incident. I was awarded the Distinguished Flying Cross for actions in the Mayaquez incident.
After six years in helicopters, I transitioned to fixed wing reconnaissance aircraft, flying missions in support of operations in Panama, Grenada, Lebanon and other countries. Staff duties have included work with the SR-71, U-2, Army and Navy reconnaissance programs and satellites. While assigned to Beale Air Force Base, I was responsible for monitoring worldwide airborne reconnaissance. Two temporary duty assignments to Saudi Arabia after Desert Storm involved scheduling all airborne reconnaissance over southern Iraq.
Other Air Force duties have included flight instructor, flight examiner, budget officer, safety officer, and military magistrate. I have been responsible for presentations to ambassadors, congressmen and foreign officials.
I earned a Masters Degree in Aviation Management from Embry Riddle University, hold a California teaching credential and am a certified Red Cross instructor.
Credit union members elected me to two terms on the Supervisory Committee of a credit union, and I have served two terms as vice president of my union.
I currently work as a member of the professional staff for the Roseville Police Department.
Jan and I have been married for 32 years and have two children. Our son, Jeff, a graduate of California State University, Sacramento is a Captain in the USAF. Based in Germany, his recent tours have included Iraq (flying out of Kuwait), Rwanda & Kosovo. He is currently serving his third rotation in Iraq. Our daughter, Stacey recently graduated from UC Irvine. Both are Roseville High School grads.
I am an avid runner, bicyclist and kayaker.

http://brown4congress.org/about_Charlie.htm

I'm Charles D. Brown, Lt. Colonel, USAF Retired and I'm running as a Democratic candidate for Congress to represent the people of California's 4th congressional district.
Like a growing number of Americans, I think our country is going in the wrong direction. I am challenging incumbent John Doolittle because he has put the interests of big business, lobbyists and special interests ahead of middle-class families for too long. I'm ready to bring new direction and leadership to Washington.
We need ethical representation in Congress to resolve the issues that are important to all our families. I'll work hard to create common sense solutions to issues that matter most to us, like protecting our Social Security benefits, keeping American jobs at home, making good healthcare accessible to everyone, supporting strong, safe schools for our children and ensuring clean water and air for us and future generations.
Working together, we can stop out-of-control deficit spending and bring the war in Iraq to a quick and secure resolution. I'm confident we will build a stronger America by focusing on values that unite us.
I'm asking for your support of my candidacy for Congress. Join me in fighting for a brighter, more secure future for all Americans.
Thank you,
Charlie Brown

http://brown4congress.org/

Latest posts