• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Another great read.

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Big Muddy rancher

Reaction score
https://www.drovers.com/article/commentary-identity-theft-how-faircattlemarkets-was-hijacked?mkt_tok=eyJpIjoiTVRWa1pUQXpaRFJqWkdJNSIsInQiOiI2Sjd4UXlqeHA2d1NlYXppZzF3T01QYmExSEZUSnE0UmZONmtYZEwxTUR4VWZSOHZoTmhLUVVBS1JPQzhaNDQ3b05XWDVcL05xbFlzREZoZ1liRkF3UlVoeHpWTVhkaWgra1NPSm1yWlZsaGZEckhqSEUzSFJPZXNyeXdaS3pzQXkifQ%3D%3D

Reminds me of the song 'Who's bed have your boots been under" :cowboy:

Wow, that paints quite a picture. OCM, HSUS, Sierra Club. Those being in bed together doesn't sound good to me. (But we thought that when it first happened.)

One of the big losses is Valley Oaks Steak Company who was forced to close its' doors, despite doing everything right.
Going from 999 head to 6,999 head kill was huge and offered an option as an end place for cattlemen's product.

""Callicrate is an outspoken advocate for local and regional food systems. Which is odd considering that Valley Oaks was dedicated supporter of their local market from the cow calf segment to selling steaks to Kansas City restaurants. Did Callicrate come to the aid of Valley Oaks Steak Company, the very kind of family owned, regional packing company he claims to want to support? I could find no evidence of this. However you can see the evidence of his integration and support for the organization that was instrumental in the demise of the operation quite plainly. I wonder, why did OCM not rush to the aid of a fellow regional, family owned operator?"

We, as an industry, should be very concerned about this.

Latest posts