• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Another pasture update

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Battle T

Reaction score
We have most of the cows away from home but the last 25 are ready to go, they are on some carryover grass for a few days and then go out too. They are mainly 3-6 year olds so have some of the biggest calves on them. We are done 50 breeding days so hopefully they are all in calf. We had .75 inch of rain last week. We need more but we have a nice start to the year. Good luck and good grass everyone.
SAV Pioneer bull with them, docility not an issue here.

Looks like some really good cattle country!

I just don't think I could go for the winters there.

I was up north of Aberdeen, SD....on the ND border one January day when it had just got done spitting some snow. Actual temp was -30 F....winds were 45-50 mph sustained. It was COLD. I asked the old boy whose place I was at how he could stand it. His answer was that he hadn't ever been anyplace else and he didn't know any different. :shock:

Like our colleagues in the south that deal with the heat, you just have to deal with what mother nature throws at us. Living here in Tornado Alley isn't dull, either. We've had tornadoes come within a mile or two of town, but some Lakotas told the settlers here in the early 1870's that a tornado would never touch down in the settlement. They've been correct for the last 140+ years! Hope it stays that way! :wink:

Nice looking bull, BTW!

Latest posts