• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Another Republican

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Disagreeable

Reaction score
Next time you hear President Bush, or some other winger, saying the Dems are obstructing a win in Iraq, remember this one. It's not just Democrats opposing Bush's failed war. Republicans are falling in line with my thinking, too. Link below; my emphasis.

"Sen. Norm Coleman, R-Minn., said Wednesday after a trip to Iraq that he would not support an increase in the number of U.S. troops in Baghdad.
In a conference call with reporters from Bahrain, Coleman said he would "stand against" any effort for a "surge" of troops in Baghdad, unless there's a clear vision that it will help end sectarian violence in the city.

"I think it would create more targets," he said. "I think we would put more life at risk."

President Bush said Wednesday that he has yet to decide whether he should send more troops to Iraq temporarily.

Coleman said he did support expanding the military, saying U.S. troops are stretched too thin, resulting in long and frequent deployments. He also said a bigger military is necessary in a dangerous world.

The senator, who spent two days in Iraq and traveled to the cities of Baghdad, Fallujah, Taqaddum and Talil, repeated earlier statements about the need for sectarian violence to end. Iraqis have to move quickly to end sectarian "slaughter," he said. "They have to move forward with reconciliation." For the United States to have any success in Iraq, the bloodletting has to stop, Coleman said."

http://www.startribune.com/587/story/888209.html

Latest posts