• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Another Summer Day

Help Support Ranchers.net:

gcreekrch

Reaction score
Went to check cattle and water situation at the MM today. Beaver had Sulin Creek dammed and about 20 acres of hay meadow flooded. My native neighbor across the creek had pulled the dam when I got there so all I needed to do was set a couple of traps. He is going to check on things until the perpetrators are caught.

Went through the cattle next. 3 lame bulls out of 13 and one of them has a lump coming on his jaw also. Got Lumpy and one other in for treatment.
Lumpy was hauled home as it will be a bit until we get him cleaned up. He's not a happy camper! Put him in the front of the trailer and my green horse in the back. Lumpy thought he would come back over the divider when the bike was in. Front feet on a bull flailing around the handle bars and controls were not nice to watch but a two hander got him back in the front. :roll:

Joe Rosette once told me a cowboy only has fun when he has a tough time Because that's all he talks about back at the bunkhouse. :lol:

I was imagining snow storm pictures after the caption. Broken bulls and a bruised ride aren't as bad as my imagination. :wink:

jodywy said:
dynamite work on the dam?

What's that Jody? I can't quite hear you. :lol:

Actually, my neighbor had this one removed by hand. I believe we are supposed to aquire a permit to deal with beaver but most here don't feel it's neccessary to burden the Bunny Sherriffs with extra work. :wink:

gcreekrch said:
jodywy said:
dynamite work on the dam?

What's that Jody? I can't quite hear you. :lol:

Actually, my neighbor had this one removed by hand. I believe we are supposed to aquire a permit to deal with beaver but most here don't feel it's neccessary to burden the Bunny Sherriffs with extra work. :wink:

Dam, what dam? :?

Around here you are expected - no, obligated - to call the municipality if there is a dam on a public ditch. And then once they have it cleaned up, guess who gets the bill?

Latest posts