• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Any guitar pickers on here...........

Help Support Ranchers.net:

HAY MAKER

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 13, 2005
Messages
8,789
Reaction score
0
Location
Texas
That's interested in buyin a Martin ?, I have a few too many that dont get played.
good luck
 

HAY MAKER

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 13, 2005
Messages
8,789
Reaction score
0
Location
Texas
Jinglebob said:
If one sounds great and is cheap enough you can mail one to me. :)

Well I'LL be danged, look what come home, welcome back Jinglebob, hope you have been well.
I dont think I have any cheap martins for sale, besides they are acoustic for makin ole time cowboy music.
Sure good to see you back. :D :D
good luck
 

Big Muddy rancher

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 10, 2005
Messages
22,118
Reaction score
201
Location
Big Muddy valley

HAY MAKER

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 13, 2005
Messages
8,789
Reaction score
0
Location
Texas
Big Muddy rancher said:
HAY MAKER said:
Big Muddy rancher said:
Haymaker does that geetar have a little crank on it to make it play? :lol: :lol: :lol:

You see a handle ?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/MARTIN-D28-MUSEUM-EDITION-/220928423600?pt=Guitar&hash=item33705c36b0

good luck

The D28 at the bottom of the page is only $1250 what's up with that?

Museum Edition is that the guitar or the player that belongs in one? :wink: :lol: :lol:

Depends on if it's Friday nite or Monday morning, but I guess with the stock gone and lotsa time, i can do as i damn please :D :D
good luck

PS You better buy that Martin it's a good one.
 

Big Muddy rancher

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 10, 2005
Messages
22,118
Reaction score
201
Location
Big Muddy valley
HAY MAKER said:
Big Muddy rancher said:
HAY MAKER said:

The D28 at the bottom of the page is only $1250 what's up with that?

Museum Edition is that the guitar or the player that belongs in one? :wink: :lol: :lol:

Depends on if it's Friday nite or Monday morning, but I guess with the stock gone and lotsa time, i can do as i damn please :D :D
good luck

PS You better buy that Martin it's a good one.

I was never very good on my guitar and since I broke my wrist I haven't hardly picked it up.
 

Jinglebob

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 14, 2005
Messages
5,962
Reaction score
0
Location
Western South Dakota
HAY MAKER said:
Jinglebob said:
If one sounds great and is cheap enough you can mail one to me. :)

Well I'LL be danged, look what come home, welcome back Jinglebob, hope you have been well.
I dont think I have any cheap martins for sale, besides they are acoustic for makin ole time cowboy music.
Sure good to see you back. :D :D
good luck
Well from some of the stuff I been reading on here, it might just be time to go on another adventure and let this place take care of it's self! :D

And I sure as heck don't play no electric guitar! I do have an acoustic with the hole to plug into, when I go perform.

Love to set and chord along with your playin' some day. And I am sure I can't afford what you got for sale. Heck, I am just a dumb ol' cow chaser! :lol:
 

Silver

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 23, 2005
Messages
5,152
Reaction score
27
Location
BC
Ya know JB, that seems like ole Haymaker is always looking for the next best thing in saddles..... might be a deal to be made there somewhere :shock:
 

HAY MAKER

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 13, 2005
Messages
8,789
Reaction score
0
Location
Texas
JF Ranch said:
Is the listing on ebay yours Hay Maker?

I'm confused though, is it a 2009 or a 1941?

Yes, its my posting on flea bay and I sure wish it was a 1941 a good one runs about 95K my 2009 is about 12K new, used around 8K
good luck
 

HAY MAKER

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 13, 2005
Messages
8,789
Reaction score
0
Location
Texas
Jinglebob said:
HAY MAKER said:
Jinglebob said:
If one sounds great and is cheap enough you can mail one to me. :)

Well I'LL be danged, look what come home, welcome back Jinglebob, hope you have been well.
I dont think I have any cheap martins for sale, besides they are acoustic for makin ole time cowboy music.
Sure good to see you back. :D :D
good luck
Well from some of the stuff I been reading on here, it might just be time to go on another adventure and let this place take care of it's self! :D

And I sure as heck don't play no electric guitar! I do have an acoustic with the hole to plug into, when I go perform.

Love to set and chord along with your playin' some day. And I am sure I can't afford what you got for sale. Heck, I am just a dumb ol' cow chaser! :lol:

Chord along with me huh ? :D :D :D You aint foolin me boy, I know you can pick :wink:
good luck
 

JF Ranch

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
508
Reaction score
0
Location
North Fringe of the Nebraska Sandhills
HAY MAKER said:
JF Ranch said:
Is the listing on ebay yours Hay Maker?

I'm confused though, is it a 2009 or a 1941?

Yes, its my posting on flea bay and I sure wish it was a 1941 a good one runs about 95K my 2009 is about 12K new, used around 8K
good luck

HAY MAKER, I see that the ebay listing has ended. Did you get your guitar sold?
 

JF Ranch

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
508
Reaction score
0
Location
North Fringe of the Nebraska Sandhills
Heck, I'd just like the chance to see it. If I touched it I'd probably damage it. I'll bet it has great sound!

I have a Guild with Brazilian Rosewood that I bought in the late 1970's and later got an Ovation Adamas. I love both guitars even though I don't play much anymore, but have a son who isn't too bad.
 

Jinglebob

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 14, 2005
Messages
5,962
Reaction score
0
Location
Western South Dakota
For Lent last year, I played my guitar every day. Went on Youtube and found a guy named Marty Shwartz. He's cool and had a lot of lessons in all types of music. I sure learned a lot and couldn't believe how much I learned and how much better my playing got in just a short time. I should have kept it up, at least once a week. I do play quite often. Been writing a few songs. So I need to pick it up to come up with the tune.
 

HAY MAKER

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 13, 2005
Messages
8,789
Reaction score
0
Location
Texas
JF Ranch said:
Heck, I'd just like the chance to see it. If I touched it I'd probably damage it. I'll bet it has great sound!

I have a Guild with Brazilian Rosewood that I bought in the late 1970's and later got an Ovation Adamas. I love both guitars even though I don't play much anymore, but have a son who isn't too bad.

Adamas is a good guitar, i started out playing a Gibson and then play Ovations for quite awhile, was at a pickin one time and some old geezer had a Martin D18 prewar, I made the mistake of accepting his offer to play it.
It's been a very expensive mistake, play one if you get the chance.
good luck
 

JF Ranch

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
508
Reaction score
0
Location
North Fringe of the Nebraska Sandhills
HAY MAKER said:
JF Ranch said:
Heck, I'd just like the chance to see it. If I touched it I'd probably damage it. I'll bet it has great sound!

I have a Guild with Brazilian Rosewood that I bought in the late 1970's and later got an Ovation Adamas. I love both guitars even though I don't play much anymore, but have a son who isn't too bad.

Adamas is a good guitar, i started out playing a Gibson and then play Ovations for quite awhile, was at a pickin one time and some old geezer had a Martin D18 prewar, I made the mistake of accepting his offer to play it.
It's been a very expensive mistake, play one if you get the chance.
good luck

When I purchased my Guild back in the late 70's, I had some insurance money to spend. A burglar had stolen my guitar and our insurance company went along with my value of it. We shopped in Denver for guitars where I could try many different brands. It came down to either Martin or Guild at a shop where they sold both. If I remember correctly, the Martin cost a bit more but not that much.

I tended to like the Martin best and probably would have bought it, but the salesman sort of influenced me in the direction of the Guild. He indicated that Martin was going through some problems at that time and might not stay in business for much longer. That tipped the scales and I took home the Guild. In retrospect, I think he was probably getting a kick back or something to sell more of them. I've never been sorry though, as the Guild has suited me just fine. The only problem is that it does NOT say "Martin" on it!
 

Latest posts

Top