• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Any guitar pickers on here...........

Help Support Ranchers.net:

I would'nt worry about it not saying Martin, I hear Guild makes a good guitar never have played one tho.
Martin did go through some rough times and had to start making cheap guitars to stay in buisness, I think they still have a model that's made in Mexico not sure, but they still make their high end models too, and are one of the oldest companies still operating in the USA.
The high end models hold there value really well, matter of fact a young man could buy one today, play it all his life and sell it for more than he give for it, in some cases a lot more.
good luck

Jinglebob said:
For Lent last year, I played my guitar every day. Went on Youtube and found a guy named Marty Shwartz. He's cool and had a lot of lessons in all types of music. I sure learned a lot and couldn't believe how much I learned and how much better my playing got in just a short time. I should have kept it up, at least once a week. I do play quite often. Been writing a few songs. So I need to pick it up to come up with the tune.

Yeah, I remember you play with another forum member dont you, where yall been playing ?
good luck

HAY MAKER said:
Jinglebob said:
For Lent last year, I played my guitar every day. Went on Youtube and found a guy named Marty Shwartz. He's cool and had a lot of lessons in all types of music. I sure learned a lot and couldn't believe how much I learned and how much better my playing got in just a short time. I should have kept it up, at least once a week. I do play quite often. Been writing a few songs. So I need to pick it up to come up with the tune.

Yeah, I remember you play with another forum member dont you, where yall been playing ?
good luck
Last one was a gig with Saddle Tramp and a couple other guys the first of this month. Nothing else scheduled until end of next September, so far. I play the music at church most weekends. If I ain't there, they just have to sing acapelican!

I bought a new Martin a couple of years ago. Paid over $1500 for it thinking I would learn while my back heeled up. Back still hurts and Im no further along in my guitar playin than I was. Sure would be nice to learn, but no one around here teaches. When I try on my own it just sounds all wrong.

Tex

tumbleweed_texn said:
I bought a new Martin a couple of years ago. Paid over $1500 for it thinking I would learn while my back heeled up. Back still hurts and Im no further along in my guitar playin than I was. Sure would be nice to learn, but no one around here teaches. When I try on my own it just sounds all wrong.

Tex
There is a tremendous amount of information online, just dig it up,w hat kinda music do you wanna play >
good luck

well the the secret practise, and that's the kinda music i like that good ole cowboy music, get on youtube and find "Don Edwards" that's the stuff I like.
good luck

I really like Don Edwards. RW Hampton is my favorite though. I like the kind of music that I can sing with. Getting my voice and fingers all on the same wavelength though will take a miracle. My timing is all off.

I like just about all of the guys that sing in the cowboy genre. Couldnt tell you the last time I listened to country music on the radio. It's all crap nowadays. Red Solo Cup? Really?

I gotta get this Martin figured out. Had I bought a cheaper one, I would have gave up by now. The thing sounds awesome and it's pretty to look at. I'll keep pluggin away.

Tex

Here's the guy I learned a lot from this past spring. Go check out the other ones of his on the side bar also. No matter what music you want to play, you need to be able to play certain chord structures. I guarantee 15 minutes a day with these and in 2 months you will be shocked how much you have learned.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXsELzuxGME&feature=related

Latest posts