• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Anybody want a herd bull?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Tap

Reaction score
Noticed this calf this afternoon. Thought we ought to save him to use on our later herd. But he'll get the knife I suppose.

ranch1244.jpg

ranch1246.jpg

ranch1247.jpg

Jinglebob said:
Whats he gonn'a cost Tap? :)

Should be worth between 7-750$ as a steer, if he brings the same as the last several years. We have a lot like him, and it might need to be that way if you want one as he has no tag. As you see. And he was born sometime after the 7-8th of April, and may be a little young for some guys. He really would work for our late herd, if we red gene tested him just in case.

Tap said:
Jinglebob said:
Whats he gonn'a cost Tap? :)

Should be worth between 7-750$ as a steer, if he brings the same as the last several years. We have a lot like him, and it might need to be that way if you want one as he has no tag. As you see. And he was born sometime after the 7-8th of April, and may be a little young for some guys. He really would work for our late herd, if we red gene tested him just in case.

I was going to make a deal with Fh on one, but the kid has more cows than me. He can buy the bull. :wink: :lol:

Now that's a keeper for sure. He's studly looking for sure!

Reg or Commercial?

Commercial, but I am sure the % Angus would be high enough to be considered purebred. I have always felt that lots of commercial ranchers have raised animals that would be equal quality to bulls being pushed in AI books, we just don't measure cattle the same way. I think that is probably a fact.

Also with exceptions such as Pure Country's operation, most registered breeders don't make their cattle work as hard as us commercial guys. I always say you should buy bulls from someone who runs their cattle in tougher conditions than yourself.

He's a handsome fellow and I think he'd look great on JB's place!

He looks as if he'd have a good disposition about him...calm and easy. That's worth a lot in itself!

If Jinglebob want's to go look for the calf, he is the calf with the cactus in his left shoulder. :wink: :!:

On second thought, I don't think I want JB on the ranch. With his horse and a rope anyway. :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: He is welcome to visit, just leave the rope at home. lol

Tap said:
Also with exceptions such as Pure Country's operation, most registered breeders don't make their cattle work as hard as us commercial guys. I always say you should buy bulls from someone who runs their cattle in tougher conditions than yourself.

Geez Tap...not all of us are as bad as you want to make us out to be! :wink: :lol: We are kind enough to share a little rain, and you get all kinds of squirrelly on us :lol2:

All of our cows are well cared for, commercial and registered. As a matter of fact, our registered cows are managed the exact same way as our commercial cows, with one exception. That exception is that at breeding time, the registered run with bull per pasture, whereas the commercials have five or six.

Come to think of it, all of the critters on our place are well cared for. I always say, that when I die, I want to come back as a horse on our ranch. They live better than the humans at our place!

Cheers---

TTB :wink:

Tap said:
If Jinglebob want's to go look for the calf, he is the calf with the cactus in his left shoulder. :wink: :!:

On second thought, I don't think I want JB on the ranch. With his horse and a rope anyway. :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: He is welcome to visit, just leave the rope at home. lol

And here I tought you wanted me to come help you brand. :(

Can't rope and drag calves without a rope, you know. :p

Latest posts