• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Anyone ever used or been around a Boxer Skidsteer?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

heluvaranch

Reaction score
We are looking at maybe buying one and was curious if anyone had ever used them and what they thought about them. Any information would be great.

Thanks
Ren

I have a 250 john deere I will sell you it's a pile of junk 1300 hours on it.

jigs said:
great sales pitch you got there Denny ! :wink:

Well it's the one and only John Deere product I will ever buy.I blew another Hydraulic hose on Tuesday that makes 8 in the last year and every time you lose all of the oil.It's alway's a $200 repair I have only owned it for 15 months and put a little over 200 hours on it.It caught on fire last winter next time it catches on fire I'm going to let it burn..

I guess you are refering to a skidsteer ? I aint bever heard em called a Boxer Skidsteer,anyway have a New Holland that is a good machine so far,I have only had it a couple years but use it regularly.............good luck

You're not talking about the standing platform ones, are you? If so, completely worthless for a ranch operation. Virtually no ground clearance whatsoever. Good for small construction and whatnot, but otherwise, leave it at the dealer. Buy Denny's JD if you want grief. It'll probably cost you less.

Denny, quit buying cheap hydraulic lines. :p

Rod

DiamondSCattleCo said:
You're not talking about the standing platform ones, are you? If so, completely worthless for a ranch operation. Virtually no ground clearance whatsoever. Good for small construction and whatnot, but otherwise, leave it at the dealer. Buy Denny's JD if you want grief. It'll probably cost you less.

Denny, quit buying cheap hydraulic lines. :p

Rod

I don't buy cheap lines, it's all the cheap crap John Deere used when they made it.The hoses don't bother me as much as all the oil every where.

Denny said:
I don't buy cheap lines, it's all the cheap crap John Deere used when they made it.The hoses don't bother me as much as all the oil every where.

lol I hate hydraulics. I was going to replace every hydraulic cylinder on the place with electric cylinders until I realized how much it would cost me :)

Rod

DiamondSCattleCo said:
Denny said:

lol I hate hydraulics. I was going to replace every hydraulic cylinder on the place with electric cylinders until I realized how much it would cost me :)

Rod

I'm to the point that I am going to replace every hose on the skid steer then I hope the problems will cease.I had a gathering chian come off my corn chopper tonight it went thru the knives 3 knives wrecked $95 each one gathering chain $320 I have about 12 loads of silage left to chop darn thing could have waited 5 hours..

Latest posts