• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Anyone going to Kadoka's Centennial?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Ranch Mom

Reaction score
I am thinking of taking the kids up for some of the goings on. Just was interested if anyone else was close enough to consider it or had plans to be there. :roll: Have a good night all. :wink: :lol:

oops, meant to pist this in coffee shop, that's what I get for stayin up late. :oops:

I'll be watching a neighbor's girls for her while she runs her honey booth on Sat. I plan to take the girls in for a while, so they can see the festivities and their mom.

Cool, need to learn... Maybe we'll bump into each other...I'll be the frazzled looking mom with two wild boys and a little girl, probably looking like I wished I was home. :wink: :lol:

I can't decide which day would be more fun for the kids, I like the kiddie parade but the big parade is supposed to be really good, the kids would have a blast dancing at the fireman's ball... probably be there on Saturday and skip today. :???:

Had this emailed to me. Its a little rough, but might help. I know the Johnstons, Handcocks, and Porchs from aroung that area.

June 23, 24 25
Thursday 10:00 am - I pm Open House at Kadoka Clinic Thurssday - Saturday Wagon Train (camp at Rodeo grounds) Friday- Sunday Free swimming at City Pool

Friday 5:30 am Duane Waack hot air balloon launch (Sports Complex)
10:00 am to I pm Open House at Kadoka Clinic
Noon Indian Taco lunch at Kadoka Clinic /Sidewalk
All day events Putt putt rides (Depot)
Museum open .
. Games for kids/inflatable games & bounces (City Park)
12:30 pm Kids ID & fingerprinting sponsored by State Farm Insurance (Main Street) 2:00 pm B I Fly by
2:00 pm Kiddie Parade (line up at City Park. Parade on Main Street to Depot)
4:00 pm Beard Judging (Tent on Main Street)
4:00 - 8:00 pm Easy Sounds music and dancing (Tent)
5:00 - 7:00 pm Buffalo Feed (Tent)
6:30 pm Hot air balloon launch (Sports Complex)
7:30 pm Children's Theatre (Great Hall)
9:00 pm Fireworks (Sports Complex)
10:00 pm Beard Shaving (Tent)
10:00 pm Crash Wagon Dance !Travis Hanson (Tent)
10:00 pm Kadoka Amubulance serving brats and burgers at dance (Tent)

Saturday 5:30 am Hot Air Balloon launch (Sports Complex)
6:30 am Pancake breakfast (presbyterian ChurchlFree Will Offering)
7:00 am Fly in (City Airport) (Rides into pancake breakfast available)
8:30 am Parade line up and registration (Sports Complex)
10:00 am Parade
Noon Firemen's Feed (Tent) //j;/4..yn k l jLJn-, .
All day events Games for kids/inflatable games & bounces (City Park)
Quilt show and Open House at Masonic Temple
Depot Museum Open (Saddle display)
Walking Tour of Main Street (Maps available at Pearl Hotel)
Pearl Hotel Open House (Vintage clothing display)
Kadoka School tours
I pm Open StagelEntertainment (Tent)
Native American Dancers
Jeanette Scarbourough(musician), Amye Scharlau(balloon animals & artist)
I pm CarlTraetor Show (south block of Main Street)
3 pm Phil Baker/Children's Entertainer (Tent)
3 pm Time Capsule opening (Courthouse yard)
4 pm - 8pm Pork & Beef Sandwiches served by Kadoka Nursing Home (Main Street)
6:30 pm Hot Air Balloon launch (Sports Complex) .
7:00 pm Thomas Martinez concert (Tent)
9:00 pm Firemen's BalllLonny Johnston BandlWestbound (Tent)
10:00 pm Kadoka Ambulance serving brats and burgers at dance (Tent)

Sunday 5:30 am Hot Air Balloon launch (Sports Complex) 7:00 - 10:00 am Brunch/Alumni Association (Tent)
10:00 am Ribbon cutting @ Masonic Temple/50 & 60 yr. Member pins presented 11:00 am Worship Service (Tent)
12:00 to 4:00 pm Open house at Minuteman Missile @ Delta site (Exit 1271-90) 1 :00 pm Golf, Horseshoe, Softball Tournaments

Thanks fulton!!

Lilly, it was fun, pretty good for such a dinky little town.

We went up for the fireworks friday and the whole day saturday.
The fireworks were very good, except after they had to put out two grassfires in the dry dry grass, they stopped doing them. Then Saturday they had a huge parade, many covered wagons and horses, no pictures cause idiot me left camera in the car... we watched car shows, tractor shows, motorcycle shows, swam, saw a hypnotist (hilarious), watched a concert by Thomas Martinez (put on a great show-I liked it cause he mixed in a little rock with his country), and ended the evening dancing with my 3 kids (that are here this summer) at the firemans ball, oh by the way Sissy (not even 2) also got to ride lonnie carlson's longhorn steer (it's taller than me at it's back and was saddled and all-maybe it's not a bovine? don't know) do know she wouldn't get off, :wink: :roll: and that it's 14 years old. no pic of that to post for ya but it was cute.

DSCN0017-2.jpg

DSCN0005-2.jpg

DSCN0007-2.jpg

DSCN0006-2.jpg

DSCN0023-2.jpg

This is during the hypnotist, he had the boy in the cap dancing ballerina (he's a good fun kid-my cousin-works for dad summers) The girl on her knees thought she was a masonry expert and was chewing him out for dancing through her wet cement, the lady standing was yelling for everyone (who she thought were prisoners laughing at her) to shut up or they would go to the hole with no food. It was really great.
The kids are exhausted but they really had a good time. :wink: That's what counts.

Latest posts