• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Anyone up for A Ranchersnet Get-together Early Sept.???

Help Support Ranchers.net:

TXTibbs said:
Little to far a drive for me from Midland, Texas............ya'll have fun there tho.

TXTibbs,
Wish it were closer to TX for you and Haymaker. We'll take pictures and either post them if folks permit, or mail you some. I wonder if we can post pictures on the Private Messages section of Ranchersnet??

Four Aces has a good buffet as does Silverado and not real expensive. I usually hang out at the Old Style or Midnight Star (Costners outfit). If any are fans of Kevin's, they would probably like the Midnight Star. Jakes is the eating place there, but I hear it is a reeeaaalll expensive, seven course deal.

Caddilac Jacks is supposed to be pretty good eating.

Too bad your not going to be in the area on the Sunday before labor day as Soapweed and Yvonne Hollenbeck and I are doing poetry/ music all afternoon at Devil's Tower Monument. Got a lady from Kay Cee, Wyo coming also who can really play the violin.

Just costs the $5 admission at the gate and we set under the shade of trees at the campground park and do our little deal all afternoon. Usually have a fair crowd and as Soapweed says, "We come right up to the edge of having too much fun, but we never step across the line"!

I'll sure try to be there on the 1st! Only thing that will kepp me away is accidents or the little woman! :shock: :lol:

Jinglebob said:
Four Aces has a good buffet as does Silverado and not real expensive. I usually hang out at the Old Style or Midnight Star (Costners outfit). If any are fans of Kevin's, they would probably like the Midnight Star. Jakes is the eating place there, but I hear it is a reeeaaalll expensive, seven course deal.

Caddilac Jacks is supposed to be pretty good eating.

Thanks, Jinglebob for the list. (I do wish my schedule would have permitted hearing the poetry day!)
Which of these restaurants would be likely to have some quiet eating area so we can hear each other?

Jinglebob: "Too bad your not going to be in the area on the Sunday before labor day as Soapweed and Yvonne Hollenbeck and I are doing poetry/ music all afternoon at Devil's Tower Monument. Got a lady from Kay Cee, Wyo coming also who can really play the violin."

It is not I, but my good friend and compadre, Saddletramp (Marty Blocker) who will be doing poetry and music at Devil's Tower that day with Jinglebob and Yvonne Hollenbeck. My talents along that line leave a whole lot to be desired. It should be a real good show, with the personalities of those folks up on center stage.

Jinglebob is a real good poet, even though he made a major typo with his fumbling fingers imparting this false information. :wink: :)

Northern Rancher said:
The Elk Creek Ranch Steakhouse just east of Sturgis S.D. is pretty darn good eats too.

Well, now, Northern Rancher, if you'd promise to come down,
we'd eat there just for you making it an INTERNATIONAL Event :!:
Might even call the pappparrazzzziiii!
And might HAVE to call the police. :shock: :D

In the meantime, looks like Cadillac Jack's has two votes of confidence so I'll contact their restaurant today and get back to you Thursday. I made my hotel reservation with them over the internet because we probably won't feel like driving anymore that day :shock: .

For those of us staying overnight, maybe drop in on Jinglebob's friend K. Costner for din-din and see how close that friendship really is? :wink: :wink:

nr, Put me down for 2. Husband said he was going along. I hope many can make it!!!

nr said:
Faster horses said:
I think feeder has an excellent idea. Otherwise we will be jumping all around and nothing will ever get settled. nr, if you post the days that work for you and you get a lot of reisistance on one day, you could change it by maybe one day. Monday and Tuesdays I have to work. Any other time will work for me.

Thanks nr, for pursuing this!!

Okay. :pretty: Let's meet Thurs Sep 1 at one in the afternoon (easy to remember). That way those of you who live nearby wouldn't have to worry about lodging. It should avoid the Labor Day crowd if that is a problem in the West like it is in the East. If 1PM is NOT a good idea, let me know.
Can anyone recommend a restaurant and I'll reserve a table when you let me know roughly how many are coming. I think that it is really neat that folks from Iowa and Montana are trying to make it!! :D :D :D :clap:

Thursday Sep 1 in Deadwood, SD at 1:00 PM? Where in Deadwood?
I wish I could make it, beu that is just a little far from Alabama and if it ain't raining i am sure to be rolling hay. I also will be weaning calves the end of August so I will need to stay close to take care of them.
I would like to invite y'all to stop in for some real BBQ when you are in Alabama. Sorry to miss it but maybe we can get together further south in early Feb. sometime.

Been keepin a eye on this "git together" message. Like Tibbs said..it's a lil far from Texas, can't feasably make a trip like that..although I think it would be fun to meet all ya'll. LOL my best friend from Idaho is forever tellin me...everthing is a "long ways" from texas cuz ya'lls state is just so darned big, takes ya a whole day to git outta Texas. Tibbs is in Midland and that's a good 9 hour drive from me. I know this cuz he's near my hometown and I make that trip a few times a year. Hope ya'll all have a good time and I'd be interested in pictures bein posted. That way we can at least see what a good time ya had.

OOOPs! :shock: Sorry Soapweed!

Yes my fingers and mind fumnled and I did mean Saddletramp. tho' I bet Soap could hold up his end with stories and I bet if we forced him, he could be pressured to do a poem!

And no, I am not a personal friend of Kevin Costner, just lazy and didn't want to type out his whole name, so knew you guys would know who I was talking about if I just said Kevin. Kind'a part of this country, we refer to people by their first name, as it seems more polite than just using their last name.

I will be at Deadwood and will gladly take my punishment of being whipped with a wet noodle, on Sept.! :lol:

I will also be in Deadwood next Tuesday for the trippin' at the Days of 76 and then on for cowboy golf with friends. This is something we have been doin' for the past several years. I ain't much of a golfer, but I just love to whack them little white balls!!! :lol:

guess i had better put in my request for the 1st of september off from work so that i can finally have the chance to meet all the interesting folks i have had the privilege of chatting with here on Ranchers!! Yeeeee-haaaaaw!!!!!!! Sounds like fun to me!! :D :D

katrina said:
Do we stay the night before or the night after????

I got a hotel reservation for the night of Sep 1.
Happened to notice some of the hotels seemed to drop their prices Sep 1.

I was thnking at the Silverado???? Maybe see if we could get that room and buffet for $72.00 I think it was the gambler one. Are we going to give prizes for who came the fartherest. And any other dopey idea we can think of??

Okay here is the deal. I called the Blackhills reservation center and got a reservation at the Penny Hotel for September 1. They have a few more openings at $69.00 for the rooms. It is 11/2 blocks from the silverado. If you are interested call the reservation center and ask for Rashmi. She is really nice and I told her that there was a bunch of us coming. The silverado package deal is $5.00 per person for the buffet and $10.00 worth of gaming chips.
As Haymaker says Good Luck....

Latest posts