• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

AP to make money off of Obama support.

Help Support Ranchers.net:

okfarmer

Reaction score
Obama's famous Hope poster was designed by a known graffiti artist from L.A. Shepard Fairey. What is interesting but not unusual is not only Obama's endorsement of a known vandal, but that he openly condones his behavior in the quote from wikipedia,

In February 2008, Fairey received a letter of thanks from Obama for his contribution to the campaign.[36] The letter stated:
I would like to thank you for using your talent in support of my campaign. The political messages involved in your work have encouraged Americans to believe they can change the status-quo. Your images have a profound effect on people, whether seen in a gallery or on a stop sign. I am privileged to be a part of your artwork and proud to have your support. – Barack Obama, February 22, 2008[37]

Reading a little further about the poster and the law suit that occurred based on the poster being created from an AP photo and then latter settled, the settlement seems a little fishy to me.

In settling the lawsuit, the AP and Mr. Fairey have agreed that neither side surrenders its view of the law. Mr. Fairey has agreed that he will not use another AP photo in his work without obtaining a license from the AP. The two sides have also agreed to work together going forward with the Hope image and [/b]share the rights to make the posters and merchandise bearing the Hope image and to collaborate on a series of images that Fairey will create based on AP photographs.[/b]

So in other words, our associated press that is there "only" to report the news in a supposed unbiased means, has a financial stake in the Obama campaign, merchandising and therefor in his popularity.

What do you think about this Tex?

url incase you would like to investigate my source

http://nymag.com/daily/intel/2011/01/shepherd_faireys_obama_lawsuit.html

Latest posts