• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Ariel Sharon Quits Likud Party

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Disagreeable

Reaction score
reader (the Second) said:
15 minutes ago

JERUSALEM - Israeli Prime Minister
Ariel Sharon has decided to quit his Likud Party and set up a new party for upcoming general elections, Army Radio reported late Sunday.

Earlier, the moderate Labor Party voted to leave Sharon's coalition, already weakened by an internal Likud rift over
Israel's pullout from Gaza. Setting up a new party would scramble the political picture for the early election, set tentatively for March.

Politics in Israel mystify me. It will be interesting to watch this play out.

Israel is a pure mystery anyway.

Supposedly the " holy land"....but founded by a man-Moses- who wandered lost in the desert for 40 yrs....w/o asking directions mind you...typical man....and then one day he decides " we're here!!"

Makes ya wonder how many times he might have wandered over that same piece of ground and just got plum tired of it all...and decided to himself, " I'm tired and this place will do"......thus we have " israel/aka holy land", a step child of the US that we must support!

I know this post will probably set off a fire storm...but so be it...just my observation...

Most countries aren't as strict about party affiliation as they are here. In the U.S., it would have been impossible for Bush to just walk out on the Republicans and start his own party - and actually have a chance at winning. I think the U.S. may be in the minority of democracies that have only two parties - are there even any others?

but founded by a man-Moses- who wandered lost in the desert for 40 yrs....w/o asking directions mind you...typical man....and then one day he decides " we're here!!"

no firestorm just a little lesson ( from sunday school )

"However, the Israelite people, accustomed to slavery and uncertain of freedom, soon rebelled against God.

They became convinced that they could not conquer the new land, and they constantly questioned Moses' leadership and their own faith in God.

As a consequence, the generation that left Egypt was not allowed to enter the promised land.",,,

"The Bible describes Moses himself as once losing patience with the people and seeming to doubt God: rather than speaking to a rock to get water as God commanded, Moses struck the rock with his staff.

For this, Moses was also destined not to enter the new land.

Near the end of his life, Moses taught the laws of the Torah to the new generation that had grown up in the desert.

He then transferred leadership to Joshua.

The Torah ends with Moses' final blessing to the people, after which he ascended Mount Nebo, which is identified with Mount Pisgah, on the eastern edge of the Jordan River. Moses died there, able to see, but not to enter, the promised land. "

It took forty years (a generation) to learn to be free, and to be given time to grow as a nation, .....

Latest posts