• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Army in Worst Recruiting Slump in Decades

Help Support Ranchers.net:

theHiredMansWife said:
what about the innocent that died here on 9/11

We knew then and we know now that Iraq had nothing to do with the 9/11 attacks... We haven't snagged OBL, yet...

What has the war in Iraq done to make us safer post-9/11?

Do you have a crystal ball that allows you to see the long term effect that would have resulted from allowing Saddam's reign of terror to endure into perpituity? Can you tell us about it?

You have to admit we have killed and captured many bad and very dangerous people that if given the chance would kill people like you and I without a second thought. Heres where you spin it to say we knew then and we know now that Iraq was not involved with the attacks on the U.S., my response to that is thank God you and your leaders were not in power when tough decisions had to be made. Both our troops and innocent people have died in Afganistan, should we have not gone to war there? I know that no matter what my answer is you will never admit we are safer today than we were pre 9/11.

thank God you and your leaders were not in power when tough decisions had to be made

I thought you were considerably younger, too, due to this overly simplistic view you have of the world.

You have no idea who I voted for. Or who I voted for and now thoroughly regret voting for. :lol:
I have mentioned this rift within the Replublican party, yes? Have you looked into that at all, or are you letting Rush do your thinking for you?

This is not a partisan issue though it's much easier to just say that it is. :roll:

I know that no matter what my answer is you will never admit we are safer today than we were pre 9/11.

For the simple fact that I don't think we are. And 65% of the country agrees with me. Either the number of "liberals" has grown by leaps or bounds, or it's not just liberals who have their doubts.

I thought you were considerably younger, too, due to this overly simplistic view you have of the world.
:lol: :clap: :lol: :clap: :lol: :clap:
Thats funny, I'm sorry it's just that when we were attacked it sure felt good knowing we had someone in office with some backbone, and not just another politician. Like it or not George W. Bush does what he says. So if it's an overly simplistic view that I was thankful a democrat wasn't in power, then label me as young or simple minded, I don't mind. :) As far as Rush doing my thinking....thats the second time on here I've been accused of that and considering that I haven't listened to Rush for some time now I take that as a serious compliment. I know I know, you can't understand that, but he has more knowledge and credibility than you do so me being accused of thinking like him :D HEY THANKS AGAIN HMW. You appear to be my biggest fan on here. Thats the second time you've made my day on here! :D This is going to be a good FRIDAY!

I believe we're safer, by the way HMW, for the time being.

So that makes you a conservative, right? :wink:

That's something that drives me up the wall about partisanship; people are always trying to stuff everyone into these neat tidy boxes. But most people don't fit in a neat, tidy box...

So if it's an overly simplistic view that I was thankful a democrat wasn't in power

This is what's overly simplistic, BBJ. Thinking everyone fits into these categories just because you think they should. There were a lot of Democrats who were (and are!) thoroughly in support of this war. There were Republicans at the start, and more now, who think it's completely assinine.

You're trying to force people to conform to your stereotypes. But it rarely works that way...

Not trying to force anybody into a category or be stereotypical I'm just glad, as overly simplistic as you might label it, that Bush was in charge instead of gore, considering what we know about him. Unfortunately given that he is a democrat and some previous democrats have had a hard time in making the tough decisions, I had to say democrat in general.

theHiredMansWife said:
:???:

That doesn't even come close to answering my question...

What has the war in Iraq done to make us safer post-9/11?
Talking about not even coming close to answering a question how bout taking a shot at mine concerning Afganistan??

Is it safe in South Korea?

YES very safe.....police on every corner......military at every turn.....

and a mad man with a nuke,,, just to the north with even more police and military....

it's scaringly safe! for the time being......but should he snap.....then it's all over......

depending on Saddam's actions which was unpredictible at best....it was a matter of time before he went over the same edge North Korea and Iran are tettering on.....

so while we could have contained him......and sat idly by as thousands were tortured...murdered,,,,raped,,,,,,yes for the time being we were safe....and for the most part still are.....

are we safe? yes, until one of those other wackos lets loose and starts thumping on thier little nuke......

are we safer? ....hard to judge what Saddam might have pulled..

but at least now he can't.....

with every dictator,,,, it is when as much as if.....

and if we could have predicted his behavior,,,could we have pre-empted his invasion of Kuwait? or any other war?

Latest posts