• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Army shafted again

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Disagreeable

Reaction score
The Bush Bunch has broken another promise to our military. Again they show their lack of respect and consideration for the people they send to die in Iraq and the families they leave behind. Excerpts; link below; my emphasis.

"The Pentegon said on Friday 9,400 U.S. soldiers have been ordered to stay in Iraq beyond their promised yearlong duty to avoid the disruption of a troop rotation during national elections slated for December.

U.S. troops have complained in the past about having their tours of duty in Iraq extended beyond promised departure dates, and Army surveys have shown that this lack of predictability in tour lengths had inflicted emotional stress on many soldiers and harmed morale.

Pentagon officials previously said the U.S. force could approach the level of 159,000 present during January's elections, but a senior commander recently said he did not expect such a large increase. Whitman said he did not know how big the U.S. force will be for the upcoming election period.
"

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20050923/ts_nm/iraq_usa_troops_dc

Gee I didn't see you complianing when Clinton extended my tour , first six months , then a year, only to be RIF'd ,,,,,Most forces don't like to have a tour extended, but in my service to the country, every tour I did oversees was extended,,my six months off the coast of Iran was after a full deployment to the indian ocean,,,but then Thanks for your belated concern.............................

My Daughter in Law was extended during the elections, and while she would have rather have been home, she understood the need to increase the force size temporily...

Thanks for you and your families contribution to the US. We are always grateful.

the problem withe the libs "concern" over our military is that is only a facade in order to achieve their bigger agenda "Get rid of Bush"

The soldiers will be kept seven to 10 days beyond their previously scheduled departure, Pentagon spokesman Bryan Whitman said. The Pentagon has promised Army personnel tours of duty of no longer than a year in Iraq, while Marine Corps troops serve seven-month stints.
For a smooth transition for incoming troops, don't you think maybe it's worth it?

Latest posts