• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Assorted pictures

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Cedarcreek

Reaction score
I've been trying get the picture posting figured out. Here's some taken over the last month or so.

Interesting clouds I saw this evening
DSCN1013.jpg

Mule deer escaping
DSCN0900-1.jpg

Mrs Cedarcreek & the girls helping move the 2 year old heifers.
DSCN0969.jpg

My view
DSCN0974.jpg

Scattered cows
DSCN0995.jpg

Haying, view out the front.
DSCN0997.jpg

view out the back through a dirty window
DSCN0999.jpg

Did some of these too
DSCN1006.jpg

Got some dust in the lens of my little camera so it might put a damper on my picture taking until I can send it in and get it cleaned.

they're good! thanks for sharing :) we expect more now that you've got it figured out!!

Very nice photos...your pasture & hay looks like you did pretty good on moisture this year. I switched from small squares to large square bales about 10 years ago but sometimes I miss having some small bales around the corral & in the barn. I see you've got a mix rounds and small squares. I don't miss loading them out on semi's though. :wink:

Triangle Bar said:
Very nice photos...your pasture & hay looks like you did pretty good on moisture this year. I switched from small squares to large square bales about 10 years ago but sometimes I miss having some small bales around the corral & in the barn. I see you've got a mix rounds and small squares. I don't miss loading them out on semi's though. :wink:

It was a decent hay crop about 60% of normal, the pastures look better than the hay fields. We do mostly rounds. The squares are for the horses and in the calving barn. They are handy to have around but a pain to put up since it seems haying slows to a crawl when we square bale.

Here's picking up the last of them
DSCN1007.jpg

Bought this at an auction sale several years ago in May. It's been jokingly referred to as a Mothers day gift since Mrs Cedarcreek doesn't have to help pick them up now.

Now that I've got the equipment I've been doing some custom little squares for an Angus breeder neighbor. Kind of spreads the cost of the equipment over a few more bales.

You bet, a bale wagon is a necessity with the little bales. I had a NH 1037 3 wide bale wagon and with the 16"x18" bales, I think I could only haul 84 at a time. With the big bales, it's easy to stack 200 to 250 ton bales in an afternoon....it's a real time saver.

Triangle Bar said:
You bet, a bale wagon is a necessity with the little bales. I had a NH 1037 3 wide bale wagon and with the 16"x18" bales, I think I could only haul 84 at a time. With the big bales, it's easy to stack 200 to 250 ton bales in an afternoon....it's a real time saver.

The one I have is a 1037. I make 14 X 18 bales so I can get 104 on. Usually I just go 2 wide on the top layer to kind of cap the stack, that gets me 99 bales and doesn't leave quite as much flat area for water to set on the tarp.

Latest posts