• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Attention, Tam

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Soapweed

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 11, 2005
Messages
16,245
Reaction score
18
Location
northern Nebraska Sandhills
Tam, I just finished reading your guest editorial in the latest issue of the Tri-State Livestock News. What you had to say concerning "R-Calf's fear mongering" makes a lot of sense. Really hope they don't shoot themselves in the foot, and take down all other cattlemen with the same bullet. :?
 

Tam

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 10, 2005
Messages
12,759
Reaction score
0
Location
Sask
Thank you Soapweed I hope they don't hurt consumer confidence in the beef industry but they have handed anti beef groups a loaded gun and it is not just pointed at their feet but at the heads of all ranchers worldwide. If the US does find a case of BSE in your herd how can US consumers ever trust your beef after what R-CALF has said about Canadian beef. And with them calling into question the OIE recommendations to protect the public health how can consumer in any country that has or imports beef from a country that has found BSE ever trust beef. I realize they want to protect their high cattle prices but at what cost :???:
 

Tam

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 10, 2005
Messages
12,759
Reaction score
0
Location
Sask
Taint said:
Tam said:
Thank you Soapweed I hope they don't hurt consumer confidence in the beef industry but they have handed anti beef groups a loaded gun and it is not just pointed at their feet but at the heads of all ranchers worldwide. If the US does find a case of BSE in your herd how can US consumers ever trust your beef after what R-CALF has said about Canadian beef. And with them calling into question the OIE recommendations to protect the public health how can consumer in any country that has or imports beef from a country that has found BSE ever trust beef. I realize they want to protect their high cattle prices but at what cost :???:

Gloom and DOOM, a bunch of what if's, and unfounded theories. GET A LIFE TAM.

An R-CALF supporter getting after someone for "what ifs and gloom and doom" what a joke. R-CALF is the specialist in Gloom and doom and what ifs, that is how they got their injunction and that is how they will kill the beef industry.

If we allow Canadian beef back into the US, "US consumers would be subjected to both greater and unnecessary risk of contracting and dying of vCJD" What ifs and Gloom and doom Taint at R-CALFs finest.

By the way my life just happens to be the beef industry. Telling you what will happen if R-CALF doesn't get off the road they are on is just a small way for me to protect that industry. The same industry that is the life of millions of others worldwide.

Who wants to bet the taint will be kicked off just like Nebrusker/ R-CALF was? How long do you give him?
 

mrj

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 21, 2005
Messages
4,609
Reaction score
1
Location
SD
Soapweed said:
Tam, I just finished reading your guest editorial in the latest issue of the Tri-State Livestock News. What you had to say concerning "R-Calf's fear mongering" makes a lot of sense.

Really hope they don't shoot themselves in the foot, and take down all other cattlemen with the same bullet. :?

Soapweed, I've wondered about that very thing. The fact that there are some really big players in the cattle business involved, if not in the front lines, definitely behind the scenes in R-CALF and/or affiliated orgs, (OCM, LMA to name only two of several), which makes me wonder if they think no matter how bad it gets their operations will survive and be able to make it big on picking up the pieces of the cattle producing industry.

The damage R-CALF and friends are doing to the "establishment" structure of the beef industry makes no sense, and the leaders are not stupid people. Taking care of "the little guy" cannot be a high priority or they would not be working to harm the most efficient, effective cattle/beef industry structure in the world, especially at a time when cattle prices have never been better. Working to assure continued and increasing beef demand is far more effective in helping ALL cattle producers.

Tam, I concur with Soapweed on your thought provoking article in the TSLN. Great job!

And our family really appreciates that TSLN prints all sides in this tragic wrangle in the cattle/beef industry. They probably could do as the radio stations do, and tell us we can buy air time to tell our story or to correct outright lies about the Beef checkoff and NCBA. That is what I have been told when complaining of the tired old false claims of "NCBA is using your checkoff dollars against you" STILL being made nearly on a weekly basis on some auction market "reports" on SD radio stations.

MRJ
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
MRJ said:
The fact that there are some really big players in the cattle business involved, if not in the front lines, definitely behind the scenes in R-CALF and/or affiliated orgs, (OCM, LMA to name only two of several), which makes me wonder if they think no matter how bad it gets their operations will survive and be able to make it big on picking up the pieces of the cattle producing industry.


Whoosh Whoosh Whooosh-- Look out Maxine I think those black helicopters are closing in :lol: :lol: So R-CALF is now a big conspiracy by a few "really big players" to bankrupt and take over the worlds cattle ranches.... :roll: :roll:

A fellow I hauled to the State Hospital years ago claimed he was abducted by martians from North Dakota- I think he was wrong- they must have come from South Dakota............ :wink:
 

mrj

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 21, 2005
Messages
4,609
Reaction score
1
Location
SD
Oldtimer said:
MRJ said:
The fact that there are some really big players in the cattle business involved, if not in the front lines, definitely behind the scenes in R-CALF and/or affiliated orgs, (OCM, LMA to name only two of several), which makes me wonder if they think no matter how bad it gets their operations will survive and be able to make it big on picking up the pieces of the cattle producing industry.


Whoosh Whoosh Whooosh-- Look out Maxine I think those black helicopters are closing in :lol: :lol: So R-CALF is now a big conspiracy by a few "really big players" to bankrupt and take over the worlds cattle ranches.... :roll: :roll:

A fellow I hauled to the State Hospital years ago claimed he was abducted by martians from North Dakota- I think he was wrong- they must have come from South Dakota............ :wink:

[Now you are really being silly again, OT. What IS your R-CALF plan if their fearmongering works and the US cattle industry crashes?]

MRJ
 

Tam

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 10, 2005
Messages
12,759
Reaction score
0
Location
Sask
Haven't you heard MRJ, Leo says
“we know if we are going to keep consumer confidence we are going to maintain some of the highest standards in the world to make sure that BSE is not introduced into this country. And we are going to make sure we have the best meat and bone meal ban in this country in place. So if for some reason we did find a case we can stand and look our consumers right in the eye and say, don’t worry we have had these firewalls in place for years, the only country prior to having a case of BSE to have these firewalls in place for so many years. And we did it to make sure if a case was ever found it was a non-issue. If we look them right in the eye and say that I will guarantee they will keep eating beef”.

He guarantees the US consumer will keep eating beef. The US beef producers should be able to go to the bank with that guarantee right Oldtimer. :roll:
 

Latest posts

Top