• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

ATTN ALL!!!! NEED NAMES!!!

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Which name?

• Flying P Matt's Legacy 1S

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Flying P Matt's Pride 1S

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Angus Cattle Shower

Reaction score
Had my first registered calf yesterday, a 55 pound bull calf out of my show heifer from last year. She is a Twister grand daughter, with T J Amigo on the other side. The Calf was sired by Crescent Creek Quantum 79M. I have two I deas for names. 1. Matt's Legacy 2. Matt's Pride. I came up with thse two ecause on the 7th, it has been one year since my grandpa died from terminal lung cancer, and he said to me two days before he died that he would come out to see the cows. The next day I talked to him, and I had a curling bonspiel out of town, so my other grandparents drove me, and when we just clenched the 2nd place awards, the phoned to tell me to get back to the hospital right away. He died while I was on my way.

I also need a name for a black heifer, she can't be registered here, because Dad's Simmie/ Red angus bull jumped the fence, and bred her... :roll:

ACS---I believe that Matt's Legacy would be the PERFECT tribute to grampa!!!! What an honor to bestow!!! You are truly a young man with his priorities in place!! Congrats!! as for the heifer, my hubby's first was "Betsy" and the seconds was "daisy"...not real original I know!! :lol:

I second Ranchwife on the legacy name ,it would be a great tribute to Grampa! :D As for the hiefer pick a feminine name.

55 pounds..make sure it doesn't get lost in a hole :D At least your heifer didn't get hurt on her first time, she should rebreed in a flash.

On the naming, Legacy is a great name. Pride is a name for females.

Angus cattle used to be VERY traditional in naming, but the big money guys in the States started using every name under the sun. Cow families are important for a reason, bull names should reflect some sort of relationship with the sire, but exceptional bulls usually get renamed for sales reasons.

Jason said:
55 pounds..make sure it doesn't get lost in a hole :D At least your heifer didn't get hurt on her first time, she should rebreed in a flash.

On the naming, Legacy is a great name. Pride is a name for females.

Angus cattle used to be VERY traditional in naming, but the big money guys in the States started using every name under the sun. Cow families are important for a reason, bull names should reflect some sort of relationship with the sire, but exceptional bulls usually get renamed for sales reasons.

Well, we got himpenned in the barn with the new cow, and he was doing good last night. Dad was going to check on him while I'm at school. Will update later!

Funny thing is, the bull diddn't breed anything else that night... and Dad had 4 other heifers that were bred at 7 the next morning by the AI guy and there was no missing hair or anything!!! I guess that the bulls just like the looks of the black girls over the reds...

Latest posts