• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Auction pricing pocketbook

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Aaron

Reaction score
Anyone every seen one of these for sale? Its very simple. Lists the weight on top of each page (goes 5 pound increments each page)and then underneath lists the price per pound and resulting gross price.

One fellow that comes to the local mart has one and it's a lot faster for getting an idea of price than a calculator. Pretty handy when your buying and the flow of cattle is fast and steady.

I haven't seen one in years the one I have is a little outdated as the price only goes to .60 cents so not much good unless the bottom falls out of the market.

Aaron, I made my own on a spreadsheet, color coded the columns and rows so that they are easy to follow and then taped it on the inside front cover of a small notebook that I carry in my shirt pocket. I also have a spreadsheet set up on my computer that allows me to punch in weight and price and it will give me price/cwt. It is not always easy to take a laptop so the cheat sheet is probably the handiest, also depends on what you are buying.

Latest posts