• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Aug goings on

Help Support Ranchers.net:

per

Reaction score
July flew by so now we need to get all the July stuff and August stuff done.

Cut, bale and graze, everything at once.
Aug2011006.jpg

Aug2011004.jpg

Aug2011008.jpg

My Spidey Senses are tingling.
Aug2011018.jpg

Cow pokes moving cows.
Aug2011026.jpg

Conditions are good.
Aug2011048.jpg

Bull pulling has started. Conditions in are good for them too.
Aug2011054.jpg

They look OK after doing their years work.
Aug2011060.jpg

Aug2011062.jpg

Aug2011069.jpg

Aug2011074.jpg

Pecking order gets reset as we put a few more in each day. Hopefully no bulls are hurt while filming.
Aug2011077.jpg

Of course always time to inspect the grass and weather on the golf course.
Aug2011081.jpg

I thought that was to be Mrs. Per's field transportaion.

Did you find another baler?

Looks like I could put up my hay on your pasture and you would still have lots left. It couldn't be any rougher.

hayguy said:
pretty nice cab on that tractor, new addition or just been detailed :lol: :lol: :lol:
It is new to us but it is Mrs. Pers tractor so it should stay that way. She spends more time doing this sort of job than she used to and I like that so in order to keep her doing it she gets nice stuff to drive. She also got an upgraded baler to go down the windrow with. I still am left in the dark ages with my old antiques.
Aug2011014.jpg

Per- we're the same down here...With the Winter from Hell, late spring, months of rain, and 3 months of flooding we're all a month to two months behind a normal year...
My biggest fear is that Mother Nature will not cooperate and Old Man Winter will be knocking at the door before we get those two months to catch up...

When Gcreek dies and goes to Heaven it will just be a hay field at High River. :D

Things are looking good but you might knock Soapweed out of running for husband of the year if you get Mrs per too nice of machinery. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Big Muddy rancher said:
When Gcreek dies and goes to Heaven it will just be a hay field at High River. :D

Things are looking good but you might knock Soapweed out of running for husband of the year if you get Mrs per too nice of machinery. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hard to compete being as peach gets to drive a fancy green tractor. :wink:

per said:
Big Muddy rancher said:

Hard to compete being as peach gets to drive a fancy green tractor. :wink:
Dang near impossible. We all thought we'd died and gone to heaven when we put a new seat in the 4240 this spring.

I was wondering if you had had a chance to get on the golf course this summer per, how's your game? Your cattle and hay look great. We got a hail storm on 2 pivots of corn a few days ago. Second year in a row. Oh well it's never very easy in this business.

Big Swede said:
I was wondering if you had had a chance to get on the golf course this summer per, how's your game? Your cattle and hay look great. We got a hail storm on 2 pivots of corn a few days ago. Second year in a row. Oh well it's never very easy in this business.
Lots of golfing Big Swede, my game could use some improvement but I was putting awesome tonight. How about you are you getting out on the links?

As far as farming and ranching; If it was easy everyone would be doing it. 8)

Glad to hear you are putting well, I could use a lesson. I 3 putted from 5 feet last night and ended up 3 over for my round. :oops: Oh well.

Seven friends, my son and I are headed to eastern SD tomorrow for a couple days of golf, kind of a buddy trip. I'm looking forward to it as our son is headed off to college next weekend.

gcreekrch said:
I've been "putting" hay through the dlscbine and the baler, does that count? :lol:

It does in my world.

You start playing golf when your to old to chase women then you chase a little white ball around a cow pasture trying to hit it in a gopher hole. :wink:

Denny said:
gcreekrch said:
I've been "putting" hay through the dlscbine and the baler, does that count? :lol:

It does in my world.

You start playing golf when your to old to chase women then you chase a little white ball around a cow pasture trying to hit it in a gopher hole. :wink:

Maybe that's the situation. :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :p

gcreekrch said:
Denny said:
gcreekrch said:

It does in my world.

Maybe that's the situation. :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :p
Way more to life than work.

Latest posts