• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

August 17 and 18, 2011

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Soapweed

Reaction score
Apoochaporcupine.jpg

A pooch, a porcupine
AndPeachwithherpliers.jpg

And Peach with her pliers
Whenthereisapianotobemoved.jpg

When there is a piano to be moved, some folks grab for the bench. Others of us just stand around and take pictures. :wink:
Theyaregaining.jpg

They are gaining.
Mywhatbigfeetyouhave.jpg

My, what big feet you have.
Therethatsbetter.jpg

There, that's better.
Heifersonahill.jpg

Heifers on a hill
Heifersonanotherhill.jpg

Heifers on another hill
Andanother.jpg

And another
Howdoesaheiferhideinasunflowerpatch.jpg

How does a heifer hide in a sunflower patch? She paints her toenails yellow. :roll:
Alongtimefriendandarearesident.jpg

A long-time friend and area resident, Big Swede's dad.
Stormcloudtothenorth.jpg

Storm clouds to the north
Tumultuousclouds.jpg

Tumultuous clouds
Seemstobecomingmyway.jpg

Seems to be coming my way; I'd best seek shelter.

My Dad is the original Big Swede. Back in the CB days of the 70's our neighbor gave him that "handle" and it stuck. I thought it was a cool nickname so when Soapweed introduced me to this site I stole it for my own use.

My Dad is doing quite well for his age, 86 and still comes out to help out whenever he wants to. I asked him to rake hay for me this weekend while the rest of the family and I are going to move our oldest son to college. I sure am lucky to still have his help and companionship.

That's so cool about your Dad! The older I get the more I realize this world is really mostly about family and friends!

My dad will be 89 in about a month and he still rakes some hay for me. Today while I was cutting he drove through the cows and put out mineral. I feel very fortunate to have had a long and great working relationship with my dad. :D

I lost mine 21 years ago this October. What I wouldn't give to have just 10 or 15 minutes with him. He never saw any of my kids. :cry: Dads...enjoy them while you have them!

Latest posts