• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Baby name poll

Help Support Ranchers.net:

C-E

Reaction score
My wife and I are gettin ready to start tryin for another baby, and have been kickin around baby names. I found a girls name I love. She likes the first name but says the middle name is terrible. So I thought I'd run a poll and see what ya'll think.

BMR maybe if I get my wife talkin to you she'll start likin the names I come up with.

I'm a no vote-- Brinlee is kind of cute-- different... But I'm not sure of Wade for a girl....

I thought everyone born south of KS was named Billy Bob, Billie Sue, or Bobbie Sue or something like that :wink: :lol: :p :p

I voted yes, becuase I have a nontraditional name for a girl..... my first name is Kyle and then I have the more feminine middle name of Lynn... I think the name you have chosen is good.

I love it!Brinlee is so pretty and so differnt and Wade fits with it...go for it!

A special young man in our life named his to be cowgirl daughter Charlie,its suits her.

How about Marniee Wade? I like the Wade part just because it is different, but to me, Brinlee doesn't roll off the tongue easily. Remember, this is a name this little girl has to try to pronounce... :p

We named our daughter Bernadette, and while I still think that is a beautiful and unusual name, it was so hard for her to learn to say it AND a pain in the butt when in school. It was wayyyyyyyy too long, and believe it or not, she never got a nickname that really 'stuck'.

Faster horses said:
How about Marniee Wade? I like the Wade part just because it is different, but to me, Brinlee doesn't roll off the tongue easily. Remember, this is a name this little girl has to try to pronounce... :p

We named our daughter Bernadette, and while I still think that is a beautiful and unusual name, it was so hard for her to learn to say it AND a pain in the butt when in school. It was wayyyyyyyy too long, and believe it or not, she never got a nickname that really 'stuck'.

No nickname-- thats almost sacreligous in this country :wink: :lol: :p

We ended up with Neeners, Boomer, Pooh, Goober, John Boy, and Booger-- and a story behind about every one of them.... :lol: :lol:

The local ' boys' are ( nicknames):

Runt & Bubba & Lightnin'...all 3 brothers and all over 6'4" and about 215lbs each
Then we have Bear, his brother Scooter...their cousin Pudge and then Uncle Stud.

The above metioned people are all cousins in amongst and betwixt themselves.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

They gave me the nickname of Flossie Mae!!! :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol:

Had a relative once named Kaziah Magness, Magness being her middle name. She drove a wagon to NC from KY with so many chickens, a " milch' cow and a shot gun by herself at the ripe age of 21!!

Legal papers later found, say she shot 2 men along the way for trying to ' way-lay' her!!! :lol: :lol:

kolanuraven said:

Runt & Bubba & Lightnin'...all 3 brothers and all over 6'4" and about 215lbs each
Then we have Bear, his brother Scooter...their cousin Pudge and then Uncle Stud.

Had a relative once named Kaziah Magness, Magness being her middle name. She drove a wagon to NC from KY with so many chickens, a " milch' cow and a shot gun by herself at the ripe age of 21!!

Legal papers later found, say she shot 2 men along the way for trying to ' way-lay' her!!! :lol: :lol:
Why am I NOT surprised :D

Along the same lines....

I belong to the Homesteading Today forum and this has been a real hot topic the last few days....

http://www.homesteadingtoday.com/showthread.php?t=209363

Kyle :)

Oldtimer we were gonna go with bobby sue but we have since moved to kansas so don't have to use that anymore.

I thought that Bri or Brin would work for shortened versions, and around here usually nick names don't relate to the given name anyway.

Mrs.Greg said:
kolanuraven said:

Why am I NOT surprised :D

Apparently several of the "founding matriarchs" of the family were quiet the handful....several books have been written about a couple of them.

Brinlee is unique and very pretty. So pretty you could just pick any old middle name. I wish we'd given our chldren some unusual names.

Around here it is not the custom to use the middle name anyway. Everyone has a middle name but nobody else knows them.

Wade sounds like a family name- is it?

Wayne is a family name but I just don't really like it so I "modified" it.

One thing maybe to keep in mind too...is as a kid I had a name that was fairly popular and could find things with my name on it, which was cool so see it in a store, but my friend's name was unusual, and she could never find anything with her name on it...seems trivial, but it was a big deal when we were kids...

I like the name.......but I might concider a different spelling for Wade....maybe Wayde??? I also like Brindlee haven't ever heard it before.

But also...I've got a very unusually first name. And never ever could find anything with my name on it. I hated it growin up....but now I like it. Just because it's a lil different. I was grown before I ever met another person with the same name as me.

Latest posts