• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Bachleors how do they do it?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

When we first got married, we bought a lil house on the outskirts of town, the woman that lived in the house next to us, I don't think had EVER mowed her place. I won't say lawn, cuz there was no grass, it was blood weeds taller than the peak on her roof. Very seldom seen her step foot outside the front door. We lived there for five years. The fall before we left, somethin made her decide she needed clean up around the place. Had someone come in with a bush hog and mowed the whole place. OH MAN!!!!! We were OVER RUN with mice. I mean, they just started comin in every crack and crevice they could find. I was horrified. LOL Set mouse traps, one right after the other for a solid week, killin mice, put out poison, etc......got so bad that one night we were tryin to sit and watch tv. we seen several run across the baseboard in the kitchen, Mr Lilly begged me, PLEASE let me shoot em with the .22. At first I couldnt' empty the traps, I'd go wake him up in the middle of the night cuz I could hear one squeakin in the trap. Alotta the time he wasn't there, workin the oil field on call 24/7 so I finally got to where I could empty and reset the traps myself. So ever since then, if I see anything that remotely looks like a mouse mighta been around, I"m on a major huntin mission till I git it caught.

cowboyup said:
I always thought the frying pan was the grease pot and enough heat would kill anything :D

This coming from the man who had a half a bag of doritos, a piece of PETRIFIED jerky, a can of tomato soup, a can of nally's chili and a can of copenhagen in his cupboard when I first met him....least to say, most of his paycheck in his "bachelor days" when down to the local cafe for "real" food!!! :wink: :wink: We won't even go into what was in his fridge....all I can say is "when the Miracle Whip is green, throw it away!!" :lol: :lol:

Juan said:
Faster Horses.........

Did you know the USDA allows a certain percent of mouse pellets in black pepper? :x :x :x

Now you have me looking at that pepper grinder and wondering
what's flavoring my stew. :mad:

Denny,
You do need to wash, only if it is burnt, or if there is too much fat buildup, or if it is turning green, or if you think it talked to you. It is also a good time if you can smell it, just like the bathroom, only if it don't smell good to your own standards. ( Women are too picky there... that's why I'm single. Then I don't have to put up with them.)

As far as dishes goes, I just have 1 plate, 1 bowl, 1 fork, 1 spoon, 1 knife, 1 glass and a frying pan. That makes me wash them every time I use them and so they dont build up in the sink. Dont use the glass that often though, but the cans do pile up after a while :D :D :D :D

ranchwife said:
cowboyup said:
I always thought the frying pan was the grease pot and enough heat would kill anything :D

This coming from the man who had a half a bag of doritos, a piece of PETRIFIED jerky, a can of tomato soup, a can of nally's chili and a can of copenhagen in his cupboard when I first met him....least to say, most of his paycheck in his "bachelor days" when down to the local cafe for "real" food!!! :wink: :wink: We won't even go into what was in his fridge....all I can say is "when the Miracle Whip is green, throw it away!!" :lol: :lol:

Ranchwife- cowboyup had all the foodgroups and even dessert covered in his food stores!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:nod:

Latest posts