• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

"Backwards" education (for cowhunter)

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Haytrucker

Reaction score
I was 9 or 10 and we(Mom and the little brothers) had gone to town. Probably J C Penneys for clothing, maybe some parts, and the last stop at Alco: wooden spoons were on sale so Mom bought three brand spankin new vacuum packed on the cardboard specemins... On the way home I found those darn spoons, drug 'em out of the sacks very quietly, and wedged them in the hinge of a backseat in an International Travelall, just until they cracked...

I'm gonna say it was two days before I got in trouble, might'a been less, but the dreaded kitchen drawer came screaming open, and I was caught by an extermity, and the wooden spoon descended at it's intended tatget, and KER-WHAK, the head went flying off of the spoon...
Some verbage was uttered and spoon #2 was called into action, and KER-WHAK, the head went flying off of the spoon. At this point the assumed punishment was put on hold until Dad got in from chores, when his examination of spoon #3 confirmed my guilt; and my inguienty..
I was "grounded" and ordered to pay restitution for the damaged property.

As bad as a spoon felt, I'd a lied and said they come from the store like that. My grandaddy has a old razer strap about 4 ins wide like the barbers us to use. Hed only give u one lick with it but that was all u needed.lol! My buddys youngins and trey did a hellis deed a few years back. Trey got his from me and my buddys 2 boys held on to a rail fence for there's. My frind where's a osterage skin belt with them plume bumps on it. When it came his littles boys turn he fell out on the ground hollerin, not the osterage, not the osterage! He later said he could feal them bumps in the leather.

Latest posts