• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Bad horse wreck and a few other photos

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Looks like you had to dig the sloped side of the trail out ~ a bit of work on what looks like a warmer day.

I figured you'd recognize the country mustang. We rode 25 miles through the night to the post. Then the horse fell through. It took a lot of work to get him out. He was quite sore, but unharmed. We have rode over that dam thousands of times, just gave way that morning. I'm glad my brother in law got off in time. Could have been killed.

I have 2 creeks (Duck Creek is the larger and Quack Run is the smaller ) running thru the farm.

With the gravel pit and farming operations I have 5 gated roadways thru the property all of which are locked and posted with no trespassing signs.

[/img]

Up close

Notrespassing2_zps32d7de6b.jpg
[/url]

[/img]

A neighbor rode his horse around a cattle guard so that he could ride the east side of Duck Creek and got his horse stuck in the swampy ground beside a beaver pond. He then called his brother and with 2 4 wheelers they cut the fence and drug the horse out of the swamp.

He had the nerve to tell me I had better make the ground safe as he feels they have the right to ride the "water ways".

I was calm when explaining he had no right to be on my property but he would hear none of it so I had both the DNR and Sheriff's dept explain it to him.

The DNR officer told them if he had caught them there he would have confiscated the 4 wheelers as well as the horse and he would be watching for them. Talk about a pissed off neighbor!

Some people would not make it in the real world!

Latest posts