• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Balebeds????

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Denny

Reaction score
I have this idea that I need a bale bed but me being so cheap I am going to attempt to build one.Figured I would'nt need to start the tractor as I have to drive 12 miles just to feed as it is and the truck would be warm already.

Which bed's are the best I have some info on a Triple C is there a better brand what are some problem's or benefit's?

Happy New Year Denny,
Can't really help ya on that one, but I know there is a Krogman that makes them. I think there is several brands. So I guess my advice is to shop around.

LOL,

Denny, Theres a local shop here where I live that just started building trailers. I had never seen a Hydro-bed before, my thot was to take the info for them to look at and then see if it would be a good fit for them,

Not sure if has anything to do with great, but our minds were thinking alike,

PPRM

Courtney Berg Industries @ Linden, Alta makes a heavy duty bale deck(two lift cylinders) I'd phone them and pick their brain. Telescoping arms are an option I'd sure include on one they enable you to handle big squares as well as rounds. Over design it and put too much hydraulic capacity on iy and you will do just fine. I always use synthetic hydraulic oil in mine which really helps when it gets real cold.

Denny this is our bale bed that my uncle built for us.

He has made us a cattle scale, cake feeder, regular flat bed, 30 foot tandem gooseneck flat bed, 48 foot drop deck and many other things. He has made about anything you can think of even a farmhand on the back of a pickup. When he built the bale bed he said the bed was the easiest and the hydraulics under the hood took the longest. PM me if you would like his phone number.

recent

recent

Sorry the pictures didn't come up without the link...I thought I was smart enough to post a picture-guess not!!!

lazy ace said:
Denny this is our bale bed that my uncle built for us.

He has made us a cattle scale, cake feeder, regular flat bed, 30 foot tandem gooseneck flat bed, 48 foot drop deck and many other things. He has made about anything you can think of even a farmhand on the back of a pickup. When he built the bale bed he said the bed was the easiest and the hydraulics under the hood took the longest. PM me if you would like his phone number.

recent

recent

Sorry the pictures didn't come up without the link...I thought I was smart enough to post a picture-guess not!!!

Do the arm's just slide in a larger tube that is kind of how it look's to me. Knowone around here has one so your pictures are very appreciated no way am I going to spend 8 to $10,000 for one I can do alot of trial and error for that kind of money.Thanks for your pictures how big are the cylinder's on it.

Denny the arms do slide in a larger frame. There is one cylinder in the center and one on each arm. I will take some better pictures of it in the next couple of days. We are having freezing rain now so I did not back it out of the shop. He put an extra leaf spring in the suspension and put on air bladder bags for extra suspension.

Hydrabed makes a good bale bed, and there is a new Premier dealer in our area, looks about like a hydra-bed with skirts below the deck. After seeing the trailers you have made you should be able to make one no problem. Several years ago I saw a unit that was made to slide in a regular pickup box and bolt down, I think it was a Deweze. I have a home made fork that bolts on the rear bumper (which I reinforced) and cranks up with a winch I mounted on the gooseneck ball. Depending how much you have to feed, I'll bet that's the cheapest option. If you build one be sure to include external hydraulic outlets to run your post hole digger or wire winder or gooseneck hitch hay rake (yes I've seen them all).

Haytrucker said:
Hydrabed makes a good bale bed, and there is a new Premier dealer in our area, looks about like a hydra-bed with skirts below the deck. After seeing the trailers you have made you should be able to make one no problem. Several years ago I saw a unit that was made to slide in a regular pickup box and bolt down, I think it was a Deweze. I have a home made fork that bolts on the rear bumper (which I reinforced) and cranks up with a winch I mounted on the gooseneck ball. Depending how much you have to feed, I'll bet that's the cheapest option. If you build one be sure to include external hydraulic outlets to run your post hole digger or wire winder or gooseneck hitch hay rake (yes I've seen them all).

By any chance are you in Colorado? A guy I know has the same exact setup. Curious if you by chance were him.

No, I'm in the Nebraska panhandle, but I've seen these uses for a bale-bed all over. Just more symptoms of having to cover more work with less labor. Sorry for the delay, busy weekend.

Latest posts