• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Baler Problems

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Manitoba_Rancher

Reaction score
We are having problems with our hesston baler. It is fully automatic( has its own hydraulic system) and we are having a heck of a time with the tailgate not wanting to come down after it goes up. If I was too idle the tractor down sometimes and push the button for manula mode 10 times I could sometimes get it too go down. Anyone have any ideas? I noticed one of the cylinders was leaking tonite so I took it apart and found oil on both sides of the plunger inside the barrel of the cylilnder. It looks like maybe the oil was getting by when the cylinder was going up and building up in there when it was trying to come down.

sounds to me like it is the oil pressure giving you grief.

if I leave now, I could be there in 6 days, and I can bale it up for you! have lunch ready when I get there!

jigs
if I leave now, I could be there in 6 days, and I can bale it up for you! have lunch ready when I get there!
katrina
I'm closer!!!!!!!!! And I'm sure I wouldn't eat quite so much as jigs!!!!

The race is on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: and I'm picking Katrina, sorry Jigs with a head start like that...... :shock: We want pic's....... :wink:

I have had the same problem. Don't think mine is oil leaking by because when I switch to manual it will come down. I think it might be more related to not getting enough electicity to the controls because if I charge the battery up on the tractor with a charger it will work for awhile. Let us know if you find a cure cause mine is just guess work.

Why dont both you jsut head up and get my baling done baler is still not working. Worked on it all day yesterday in the heat and didnt get it working so I ve given up. Have to wait til we can get a hesston mechanic here tomorrow.

count me out. I have a tire man coming tomorrow..... seems Katrina was throwing rake teeth out in the hay field !!! man, what a cheater!

if u do trade i can promise u that u would be very happy with a john deere. we previously had a 435 and traded a couple years ago for a 467 and have had no problems with either one. makes excellent bales.

Mine is actually a case IH built by heston. My boy has only one arm so he likes the fact u just flip one switch and everything is automatic. It is a 1990 year model so the ole girl is allowed a few minor gliches.

Latest posts