• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

ban to be lifted

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Big Muddy rancher said:
Assinaboia today

Good Steers over 900 lbs. Avg. And Sold Up To
Good Steers 800-900 lbs. Avg. And Sold Up To
Good Steers 700-800 lbs. Avg. 1.21 And Sold Up To 1.28
Good Steers 600-700 lbs. Avg. 1.27 And Sold Up To 1.34
Good Steers 500-600 lbs. Avg. 1.34 And Sold Up To 1.49
Good Steers 400-500 lbs. Avg. 1.46 And Sold Up To 1.71
Good Steers 300-400 lbs. Avg. 1.55 And Sold Up To 1.71
Good Heifers over 900 lbs. Avg. And Sold Up To
Good Heifers 800-900 lbs. Avg. And Sold Up To
Good Heifers 700-800 lbs. Avg. And Sold Up To
Good Heifers 600-700 lbs. Avg. 1.14 And Sold Up To 1.24
Good Heifers 500-600 lbs. Avg. 1.22 And Sold Up To 1.29
Good Heifers 400-500 lbs. Avg. 1.30 And Sold Up To 1.45
Good Heifers 300-400 lbs. Avg. 1.33 And Sold Up To 1.45
The SSGA is opposing the tariffs on subsidized US corn.
You bring up an interesting point. What would the SSGA and other cattle groups be saying if the shoe was on the other foot and subsidized US feeder calves were coming into Canada and depressing our calf prices so the feeders could pay more for Canadian corn and barley?

Bill said:
Big Muddy rancher said:
Assinaboia today

You bring up an interesting point. What would the SSGA and other cattle groups be saying if the shoe was on the other foot and subsidized US feeder calves were coming into Canada and depressing our calf prices so the feeders could pay more for Canadian corn and barley?

The subsidized US feeders can come into Canada. Go buy some if you want.

Big Muddy rancher said:
Bill said:
Big Muddy rancher said:
Assinaboia today

Didn't know US feeder calves were subsidized. Care to expand on that?

Bill said:
Big Muddy rancher said:
Bill said:

If their mothers were wintered on subsidized feed then the calves would be subsidized. If the cows ran on BLM land which thanks to R-CALF we know is much cheaper then Crown lease then the calves are subsidized.

Manitoba_Rancher said:
You know OT you are so full of BS your gosh darn eyes are brown. I dont know where you hear these regulations are so bad. I have talked to quite a few buyers here in Canada and they say you dont know what the heck you are talking about. You have a very biased opinion on what you state on here. If you cant post the truth save your time and dont post anything. :!:

What in the list of rules I posted is wrong--Sure they are all doable- but they take time and labor and that raises costs.

The rules you psoted arent wrong but they dont take as much time and effort as you are saying. How are things down in your neck of the woods this morning OT? Bright sunny and warm here, jsut a touch of frost first thing this morning.

About the same here-Supposed to stay in the mid 50's all week...I can handle that....Hopefully this year I can get the whole family home for Thanksgiving-- been too many years one or more ended up stuck somewhere in western Montana or North Dakota in a blizzard......

I better get someone to show up as yesterday one of the guys that comes out hunting all fall dropped off a 24 lb turkey in the freezer....

Big Muddy rancher said:
Bill said:
Big Muddy rancher said:

If their mothers were wintered on subsidized feed then the calves would be subsidized. If the cows ran on BLM land which thanks to R-CALF we know is much cheaper then Crown lease then the calves are subsidized.
I understand. It's really a question of who is subsidized more or how it's done. It's all right to let in cheap subsidized US corn and use a foreign treasury to subsidize our livestock industry at the expense of the rest of our rural economy. What gets me is that CCA is all for cheap grain flowing north but doesn't support generic ivermectin coming into Canada. I guess the corn growers better start greasing some palms like the big pharmacueticals.

Oldtimer said:
About the same here-Supposed to stay in the mid 50's all week...I can handle that....Hopefully this year I can get the whole family home for Thanksgiving-- been too many years one or more ended up stuck somewhere in western Montana or North Dakota in a blizzard......

I better get someone to show up as yesterday one of the guys that comes out hunting all fall dropped off a 24 lb turkey in the freezer....

It is supposed to warm here all week too. WE sure can handle that as well. That foot of snow we got is almost all gone. :) Its a little mucky but we can handle that. We re going to start building a corral today so hopefully it stays warm. I hate when your pounding nails and its so cold they stick to your lips.... :(

Hows the mositure stituation there OT?

Bill said:
Big Muddy rancher said:
Bill said:

I understand. It's really a question of who is subsidized more or how it's done. It's all right to let in cheap subsidized US corn and use a foreign treasury to subsidize our livestock industry at the expense of the rest of our rural economy. What gets me is that CCA is all for cheap grain flowing north but doesn't support generic ivermectin coming into Canada. I guess the corn growers better start greasing some palms like the big pharmacueticals.

Well the SSGA is for some change. We have been Chastized for supporting importation of Ivomec and glysphate. We have told the chastizers that maybe instead of getting after the industry that uses these and competes against producers that use them that maybe they should join us in lobbing the government to get their butts in gear and get some harmonization in the approval process for these products between canada and the US. The SSGA is a affiliate but we can think for ourselves at times. Michael.

Well the SSGA is for some change. We have been Chastized for supporting importation of Ivomec and glysphate. We have told the chastizers that maybe instead of getting after the industry that uses these and competes against producers that use them that maybe they should join us in lobbing the government to get their butts in gear and get some harmonization in the approval process for these products between canada and the US. The SSGA is a affiliate but we can think for ourselves at times. Michael.
And I am one SSGA member that appreciates that stand. Producers need strong voices around the CCA table and SSGA needs to be one of them. Although I don't always agree with SSGA, I do support them and appreciate the work you guys do. :)

Latest posts