• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Bangs Tags

Help Support Ranchers.net:

eatbeef

Reaction score
I know the first 2 numbers correspond to the state they were tagged in, but i was wanting a list. Does anybody have a link to a list?

We had a new Vet do our bangs this year and had a bit of dissagreement about the tattoo and how important we feel this is in our operation. Did explain to her that a cow's readable shield any time in her life was the only proof of vaccination. Not only that if it would come to a bang's test without legal proof of a calfhood shot and the animal showed a bangs titer,it could and probabley would be called bang's disease. Don't know for sure but don't want to find out. In the early 50s when this country was mass tested and bangs began to be controled[and eventully elementatd in this area] we went through a lot to make things work out and don't care to repeat the process.

Tatoos are now a very important part in my heifers now, as I took cows into SD for the summer, a couple of the cows had lost their tags and the tatoos were barely legiable and one we found where the tag had been but couldn't read the tatoo so she could not go lesson learned do a good job tatooing

Tatoos are now a very important part in my heifers now, as I took cows into SD for the summer, a couple of the cows had lost their tags and the tatoos were barely legiable and one we found where the tag had been but couldn't read the tatoo so she could not go lesson learned do a good job tatooing

Is there a difference with shipping to SD? We cross the NEB/KAN stateline all the time and if they have lost a bangs tag the vet just puts another metal clip in and writes that number on the health paper.

South Dakota and Wyoming both require a legible bangs tattoo to enter with bred or breeding females. Cuts into the market on highway 20 sometimes, this year I would say not so much.

Latest posts