• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Be sure you smile!

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Mike

Reaction score
smile-in-pics.jpg

Big Muddy rancher said:
Mike is that you? Where did you go. Guess she throws a mighty big shadow. :lol2: :lol2: :cowboy:

No this is not me. I have a bigger smile than that. :wink:

I just thought that I would throw out a photography lesson for those who are gathering in Deadwood. We wouldn't want them to make THIS mistake, would we? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

reader (the Second) said:
I hate to be a partypooper, but being overweight (and having a stocky build to start with), I have been amazed at the one politically correct prejudice left to Americans which is MOCKING FAT PEOPLE.

I can eat exactly what a thin girlfriend eats and exercise more than she does and stay plump. And if I overeat, I gain weight very effectively. Menopause just exaggerates my natural metabolic tendencies.

Fat people may not even be overeaters folks. And they even be intelligent, hardworking, exceptional people. Give them a chance.

That said, being overweight is unhealthy and I certainly want to lose the weight I gain at menopause. But my point is that some people are THIN and some are FAT. Don't blame the fat people and look down on them.

The humor in this has nothing to do with fat people.
:roll:

I for one, Mike, find the photo very amusing! Kind of reminds me of when my brother-in-law got lost in Chicago or Detroit or wherever it was. He stopped at a bar to ask for directions and he said it was quite dark in there. He thought the place was empty till some of the patrons smiled when they seen a "white boy" walk in there!

Dear reader the second: I am sure that Mike was not poking fun a fat people. You should see me and him and then you would know that we have no place to poke such fun. ( sorry Mike. I had to tell) Mike was however letting his red neck show a little. The joke had to do with not beeing able to see him if he did not smile. I guess beeing from the deep south you may not get it. We still love you any way. :wink:

Alabama said:
Dear reader the second: I am sure that Mike was not poking fun a fat people. You should see me and him and then you would know that we have no place to poke such fun. ( sorry Mike. I had to tell) Mike was however letting his red neck show a little. The joke had to do with not beeing able to see him if he did not smile. I guess beeing from the deep south you may not get it. We still love you any way. :wink:

I'll have you know I weigh within 5 lbs. of what I did when I graduated from high school...................problems is.......I have a disease.

"Furniture Disease".

Mike said:
Alabama said:

I'll have you know I weigh within 5 lbs. of what I did when I graduated from high school...................problems is.......I have a disease.

"Furniture Disease".

Perhaps its a problem with that 'see food' diet you been on.

SASH said:
Mike said:
Alabama said:

"Furniture Disease".

Perhaps its a problem with that 'see food' diet you been on.

The "Diet" whiskey helps keep me "Well Rounded" too.

you know i told myself the first time i seen that picture it was going to cause a **** load of controversy:

1) The black man

2) The Obese woman

but i found it as harmless humor and thought it was something that even a black man could laugh at! The over weight woman has nothing to do with the whole point of the picture. She just happens to be the wife. It would have the same affect if the woman weighed 100 pounds.

nr said:
Hurtfully, thinly-disguised racism. :(

I think you're right. I picked up on the fat theme, but I guess the smile punchline is about the racial theme...

Ironically, a woman being plump is considered attractive and is not stigmatized as much here in the black community. White woman all think they have to have the figure of Twiggy.

I am truly sorry Reader, I did not know you were a overweight Black woman. I will try to correct my ways and offer you my sincere apology.
Big Muddy rancher.

Big Muddy rancher said:
nr said:

I think you're right. I picked up on the fat theme, but I guess the smile punchline is about the racial theme...

Ironically, a woman being plump is considered attractive and is not stigmatized as much here in the black community. White woman all think they have to have the figure of Twiggy.

I am truly sorry Reader, I did not know you were a overweight Black woman. I will try to correct my ways and offer you my sincere apology.
Big Muddy rancher.

HAHAHAHAHAHA :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :clap: :clap:

Excuse me for poking my nose in.......BUT WHAT THE HECK IS FURNITURE DISEASE :???: :???: :???: :???: :???:
Mikey You're pudgy????? I would of guessed you short and skinny... :wink:
And Bama with a pony-tail which I know is not.......Isn't it amazing how one imagines each other????

katrina said:
Excuse me for poking my nose in.......BUT WHAT THE HECK IS FURNITURE DISEASE :???: :???: :???: :???: :???:
Mikey You're pudgy????? I would of guessed you short and skinny... :wink:
And Bama with a pony-tail which I know is not.......Isn't it amazing how one imagines each other????

Furniture disease- When the chest starts to slide into the drawers. :roll:

5' 11" 200 lbs.

Men and their post 40 year old bellies amuse me. What is it about older men with their skinny limbs and hips and that beer barrel above their belts?! :D :D

And the ear hair. :x :x :x

I would never want to lose my little belly pooch..................

I have a lot of money invested in it. I hate waste. 8)

Mike said:
Alabama said:

"Furniture Disease".

'Furniture disease' wouldn't happen to be a cousin of 'couch potatoism' would it?

nr said:

nr, I'm curious as to how you arrive at the conclusion of 'racism' from a simple photograph taken by a photographer who obviously was not very good at his/her art?

Latest posts