• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Beckel speaks

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Tam

Reaction score
Bob Beckel finally said something I agree with. They were talking about students being PAID to attend high school on The Five today and he said the Left is to blame for the sense of entitlement that the young are feeling. Finally somebody admits the Democrats practice of ENTITLEMENTS is not helping the US youth learn a sense of RESPONIBILITY. He said they did it thinking they were doing something good but it never turned out that way AND THINGS NEED TO CHANGE. To bad even though he realized that it has to be changed he figures if done it has to be done slow as not to hurt anyone. The problem is if they don't reform entitlements soon and relatively fast as in repealing Obamacare and fixing welfare and unemployment beneifits the US as a whole is going to be hurt in other words BANKRUPT.

This reminds me of the story about the Dad taking his gun after his daughter's laptop when she whined about being told to get a job and how she figured her horrible mean parents should pay her to do household chores. The Dad has the leftards to blame for his daughter's sense of entitlement and I wish the Republicans were more like the Dad and they would pull the trigger on some of these entitlements for the good of the country before it is to late.

I heard the story and at first I was a bit appalled at the idea of paying kids to be responsible..

but .. then I thought about it..

these kids often have no one to teach them to be responsible.. and when they finish or drop out of school they do not have enough responsibility to keep a job.. if they ever get one.

so... why not "teach" them how the world works... in school.

if you show up on time, put effort in you get paid.. pretty simple lesson.. and no one is teaching it .....

and in the long run.. it might be cheaper then welfare or jail..

I just never figured a school would resort to capitalism..

BTW.. it is $10 a week for freshman sophomore and juniors and $25 for seniors..
He attributes that 10 percent hike to a new incentive program the school launched on Monday. It pays kids to come to school, on time, for a full week, and to work hard in class.

Seniors get a $25 Visa gift card for a week of their best behavior, younger students get $10 gift cards. Plus, Davenport says every time a student gets paid, the school puts $5 into a savings account, given to the students when they graduate.

The program is paid for by an anonymous donor and a workforce investment grant from Easter Seals.

Beckel said the left started all entitlements with good intentions, probably not unlike your example, but before long they were nothing more than a drain on society. When will FISCAL RESPONSIBILITY out weigh good intention entitlements?

Today in the US 49% of people take some kind of handout from the government so ask yourself what is going to happen if yet another entitlement is enacted targeting high school students IE FUTURE VOTERS?

What is the likelyhood that anyone wanting to rein in US spending ie wanting to reform entitlements, is going to get elected if the scales tip and over 50% of Americans are looking to the government for a HANDOUT? I will tell you when NEVER and that is what the left wants. The more on the government teat the less likely a CONSERVATIVE will be elected. It is called JOB SECURITY TO THE DEMOCRAPS. :roll:

Tam said:
. The Dad has the leftards to blame for his daughter's sense of entitlement .

The only person in that deal to blame is DAD and MOM.

I'd guess the child DID NOT watch the news and think,"hmmmm, if I do this then I'll be entitled to that".

I'd guess they bought the computer FOR her and didn't make her earn the money to buy it. But it seems he made her earn the money to buy the bullets to trash a perfectly good $500+ computer.

Now how does waste like taht make any sense? NONE

Personal responsibility has to start at the grass roots----HOME.

Try as you may to want to pass the buck, as many Conservatives do, ain't gonna work this time.

jingo2 said:
Tam said:
The only person in that deal to blame is DAD and MOM.

I'd guess the child DID NOT watch the news and think,"hmmmm, if I do this then I'll be entitled to that".

More than likely it was taught at school by the teachers

I'd guess they bought the computer FOR her and didn't make her earn the money to buy it. But it seems he made her earn the money to buy the bullets to trash a perfectly good $500+ computer.

Now how does waste like taht make any sense? NONE

Try as you may to want to pass the buck, as many Conservatives do, ain't gonna work this time.

That is a liberal trait kolo=jingo=lulu=allie

Didn't work very well in your case kolo=jingo=lulu=allie

jingo2 said:

Gee Personal responsibility starts at HOME :shock: is this why Obama and the LEFT are forcing the Catholic Church to pay for insurance to provide FREE birth control? :?

Most likely that young girl learned about ENTITLEMENTS from all the friggin speechs coming out of the left though social networking and left bias media about what everyone should get for FREE.

As I see it her dad taught her a lesson in good old fashion grassroot personal responsibility. Yes it cost him a few bullets and a $500 computer but the lesson she learned was PRICELESS. I somehow doubt she will be asking him to pay for another laptop anytime soon. So if she thinks she needs another one she better GET A JOB. Or maybe she can get Obama to mandate her dad buy another one. :roll:

Latest posts