• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Best place to ranch?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Big Muddy, I'll call you one of these days when we're getting closer. Gonna be awhile yet. THis job is behind schedule about a month. We just crossed Hwy37 north of Shaunavon, heading east towards Cadillac, and a few miles east of there we veer southeast towards Assiniboia. We may be getting the inspection contract for that remaining section to be done this summer as well. Would be nice to stay on the same job in the same general area, but I"m getting farther from home, which is harder for little ones at home to understand, and even harder still for them to accept.

Enough off topic stuff for now. As for picking places to live, I meant to mention that I've seen some amazing pictures, stories and experiences from other parts of the world as well. If not for their mob-run governments, Russia, Ukraine and Siberia have always fascinated me. Anybody hear how those families from the Dakotas are fairing that moved over there? From the articles I read it sounded like they are on secluded ranches and have all their supplies/needs brought in to them, so they may not have experienced much of what the rest of the country is like?? Who knows??

And Big Muddy, as for the bald prairies, I love certain parts of it, but I love trees more. I do admire those of you who live in this wide open wind swept country, takes a special breed.

purecountry - you are only 45 mins from us. If you are lonely for home I'll give you my night check for calving :p :p If I could get the damn internet part of it figured out you could check the cameras from your hotel room :wink:

PureCountry said:
Big Muddy, I'll call you one of these days when we're getting closer. Gonna be awhile yet. THis job is behind schedule about a month. We just crossed Hwy37 north of Shaunavon, heading east towards Cadillac, and a few miles east of there we veer southeast towards Assiniboia. We may be getting the inspection contract for that remaining section to be done this summer as well. Would be nice to stay on the same job in the same general area, but I"m getting farther from home, which is harder for little ones at home to understand, and even harder still for them to accept.

Enough off topic stuff for now. As for picking places to live, I meant to mention that I've seen some amazing pictures, stories and experiences from other parts of the world as well. If not for their mob-run governments, Russia, Ukraine and Siberia have always fascinated me. Anybody hear how those families from the Dakotas are fairing that moved over there? From the articles I read it sounded like they are on secluded ranches and have all their supplies/needs brought in to them, so they may not have experienced much of what the rest of the country is like?? Who knows??

And Big Muddy, as for the bald prairies, I love certain parts of it, but I love trees more. I do admire those of you who live in this wide open wind swept country, takes a special breed.

There may have been ranchers from the Dakotas that went to Russia
but the ones I knew about were some of the Stevenson's from Montana.
They've certainly had their problems.

Here's hoping you get back home soon, PC.

Faster horses said:
PureCountry said:

There may have been ranchers from the Dakotas that went to Russia
but the ones I knew about were some of the Stevenson's from Montana.
They've certainly had their problems.

Here's hoping you get back home soon, PC.

Several from here have gone. The one family I know of quite likes it there.

Latest posts