• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Beware of Foreign Dishware

Help Support Ranchers.net:

SSAP- Do you feed your cattle tainted feed products? Have you ever found BSE in your herd? I would bet not--Are you absolutely positive you can say the same about every producer in Canada? So that should make you feel your cattle have a lower risk of having BSE than one coming randomly from in the cluster area of Alberta...

I feel the same with my own raised cattle and beef- knowing what they were fed and how they were handled I'm more secure- hopefully most people do feel that way with their own cattle...

On the other hand I know there are people out there in all countries that cut corners and will do anything to make a buck-- so I don't trust generic store bought meat as much as I do my own...But then you throw in the statistic that Canadian cattle/beef has something like 300-400 times higher the risk factor of US cattle of having BSE- and knowing that Canadian/ Mexican/imported beef is being passed off as generic US beef in the stores- and also knowing of the number of imports of beef/cattle from Mexico, a country that has a major chemical pollution and enviromental problem- along with a government that not only condones but supports graft and corruption-- the confidence factor lowers greatly....

And thats the reason both I and the good Doc have said that as long as Canadian/ all imported beef is allowed to be relabeled and passed off as a US product you are just taking a gamble with higher risks against you, when you buy beef in a store......

Consumers should be allowed to make an informed decision- Not be defrauded.......

Oldtimer said:
SSAP- Do you feed your cattle tainted feed products? Have you ever found BSE in your herd? I would bet not--Are you absolutely positive you can say the same about every producer in Canada? So that should make you feel your cattle have a lower risk of having BSE than one coming randomly from in the cluster area of Alberta...

I feel the same with my own raised cattle and beef- knowing what they were fed and how they were handled I'm more secure- hopefully most people do feel that way with their own cattle...

On the other hand I know there are people out there in all countries that cut corners and will do anything to make a buck-- so I don't trust generic store bought meat as much as I do my own...But then you throw in the statistic that Canadian cattle/beef has something like 300-400 times higher the risk factor of US cattle of having BSE- and knowing that Canadian/ Mexican/imported beef is being passed off as generic US beef in the stores- and also knowing of the number of imports of beef/cattle from Mexico, a country that has a major chemical pollution and enviromental problem- along with a government that not only condones but supports graft and corruption-- the confidence factor lowers greatly....

And thats the reason both I and the good Doc have said that as long as Canadian/ all imported beef is allowed to be relabeled and passed off as a US product you are just taking a gamble with higher risks against you, when you buy beef in a store......

Consumers should be allowed to make an informed decision- Not be defrauded.......

Oldtimer said:
Quote # 1
- at least I know what I raise has not been fed any tainted or prohibited products and has 0 risk= which I can't say for sure about other beef...

Quote # 2
- so I don't trust generic store bought meat as much as I do my own...

and last but not least all his statements about the US inspection program "not caring about food safety or health" ... not testing enough .... since they have little or no idea how the diseases is transmitted, manifests itself, or why it even exists .... lack of knowledge on these "atypicals".... etc. etc.

There you have it … in black and white ….. he is willing to risk 85% of US beef sales – by stating that "generic" beef sold in stores can not be trusted.

He (et al) has been unable to stop "tainted imports", his (et al) version of COOL has failed to be supported by the majority, so now he has stooped so low as to include US domestic beef sold in stores as untrustworthy and a "gamble".

I ask the US readers; How does it feel to have your own personal cattle and beef production attacked by misleading statements that hint that you (US producers) are doing something improper …..

Whatever it takes to further the agenda will be implemented….. Outright lies about the Canadian industry have failed and now seeds of doubt are being planted in the American industry about US beef itself. The _Not so subtle_ innuendo will not stop here – ask any Canadian!

SSAP, "...his (et al) version of COOL has failed to be supported by the majority..."

On the contrary. "His (et al) version of COOL passed on Capitol Hill and was even signed by the President. In order to do that, it needed a majority.

Latest posts