• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Biden defends Romney on faith

Help Support Ranchers.net:

A

Anonymous

CNN's Ashley Killough
(CNN) - Vice President Joe Biden said it is "outrageous" that a portion of the American public feels uncomfortable with presidential candidate Mitt Romney's Mormon faith.

"Even though he may very well be our opponent, I think it's outrageous - I think it's outrageous that people - or the polling data show that they will not support him, whatever percentage it is because he's (Latter-day Saints), because he is a Mormon," Biden said while speaking at the University of Pittsburgh on Friday.

Romney's faith was the center of controversy last month when an evangelical leader and Rick Perry supporter called Mormonism a "cult" and urged Republicans to vote for a Christian instead of a "non-Christian," referring to Romney.

But according to a CNN/ORC International poll in October, 80% of respondents said a candidate's Mormonism wouldn't make a difference in their selection process.

Still, 17% said they would be less likely to vote for a candidate who was Mormon.

On Friday, Biden, a Catholic, argued religion should have no weight in a candidate's qualifications. Speaking on a personal note, the vice president said the election of John F. Kennedy to the White House "totally legitimized" his family, along with other Catholics.

"I find it preposterous that in 2011 we're debating whether or not a man is qualified or worthy of your vote based on whether or not his religion - being a Latter-day Saint - is a disqualifying provision," Biden said. "It is not. It's embarrassing. And we should be ashamed anyone who thinks that way."

Recent polls show Romney in a virtual tie with President Barack Obama in a hypothetical 2012 matchup. According to a Reuters/Ipsos National Poll released Friday, Romney edged Obama 44% to 43%, with a one-percentage point margin well within the sampling error.

AMEN- it is nice to see a VP that defends Article Six of the United States Constitution- that provides that "no religious Test shall ever be required as a Qualification to any Office or public Trust under the United States and the 1st Amendment to that Constitution that states "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof" ....

Or that lives true to the words of Thomas Jefferson:

Believing with you that religion is a matter which lies solely between man and his god, that he owes account to none other for his faith or his worship, that the legitimate powers of government reach actions only, and not opinions, I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their "legislature" should "make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof," thus building a wall of separation between church and State. Adhering to this expression of the supreme will of the nation in behalf of the rights of conscience, I shall see with sincere satisfaction the progress of those sentiments which tend to restore to man all his natural rights, convinced he has no natural right in opposition to his social duties.

Do you believe that Sharia Law should be allowed to be used as a basis of a decision in the courts of the United States?

okfarmer said:
Do you believe that Sharia Law should be allowed to be used as a basis of a decision in the courts of the United States?

ROTFLMAO :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You dumbf##k....Romeny is MORMON..... This thread is about Romney being defended......

Larrry said:
Anyone with any thought process could see what Bidens motive on this was. It is so transparent of Biden

Well, then tell us less learned ones....what was his motive?

just plain up and say and don't be vague and shady....oh wait, you can't help that I understand.

kolo=jingo=lulu=allie if you had read the statement instead of using your one brain cell past its capacity you would have realize it is about RELIGION not just Romney :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Ready for some Starbucks """lil"""girl :D :D :D

hopalong said:
kolo=jingo=lulu=allie if you had read the statement instead of using your one brain cell past its capacity you would have realize it is about RELIGION not just Romney :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

And the hand puppet comes in I see.

First off, you are a dumber f##k, I AM NOT A FEMALE......( you want me to play one for your fantasy???)

Secondly, do you EVER have anything worthwhile to say or state other than just nip at people's heels and run and hide.

You were the one that went yellow bellied @ Starbucks. Besides, I know what you look like....you don't know what I look like. Think on the how and why of that for a bit....

:wink:

jingo2 said:
hopalong said:

And the hand puppet comes in I see.

First off, you are a dumber f##k, I AM NOT A FEMALE......( you want me to play one for your fantasy???)

Secondly, do you EVER have anything worthwhile to say or state other than just nip at people's heels and run and hide.

You were the one that went yellow bellied @ Starbucks. Besides, I know what you look like....you don't know what I look like. Think on the how and why of that for a bit....

:wink:

We all know you are a female!!!!!!
If you had given ample notice I would have met you at Starbucks, did you ever figure out which one on Silverbell you were at?????

We have seen your picture :D
And lots of people know what I look like and even know my phone number :wink: I am not hiding behind my monitor :D :D :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

jingo2 said:
Larrry said:
Anyone with any thought process could see what Bidens motive on this was. It is so transparent of Biden

Well, then tell us less learned ones....what was his motive?

just plain up and say and don't be vague and shady....oh wait, you can't help that I understand.

Are you telling us you have no thought processes? You are surely smart enough to figure the motive. Are you smart enough to see the motive of biden and his hand puppets on here?
kola, have you figured it out yet

jingo2 said:

Just trying to help you libbys out there kola, if someone always gives you the answer that is so obvious then your thought process will still be stuck at the elementary level. Now try real hard, we are here to only help you.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

calling someone a dumbf##k here is like blowing one of those silent dog whistles.......they ALL come a'runnin.......

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

jingo2 said:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

calling someone a dumbf##k here is like blowing one of those silent dog whistles.......they ALL come a'runnin.......

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You would know about calling the dogs :wink: :wink: especially the biunch you run with.
Ready for some Starbucks :wink:

Oldtimer said:

CNN's Ashley Killough
(CNN) - Vice President Joe Biden said it is "outrageous" that a portion of the American public feels uncomfortable with presidential candidate Mitt Romney's Mormon faith.

"Even though he may very well be our opponent, I think it's outrageous - I think it's outrageous that people - or the polling data show that they will not support him, whatever percentage it is because he's (Latter-day Saints), because he is a Mormon," Biden said while speaking at the University of Pittsburgh on Friday.

Romney's faith was the center of controversy last month when an evangelical leader and Rick Perry supporter called Mormonism a "cult" and urged Republicans to vote for a Christian instead of a "non-Christian," referring to Romney.

But according to a CNN/ORC International poll in October, 80% of respondents said a candidate's Mormonism wouldn't make a difference in their selection process.

Still, 17% said they would be less likely to vote for a candidate who was Mormon.

On Friday, Biden, a Catholic, argued religion should have no weight in a candidate's qualifications. Speaking on a personal note, the vice president said the election of John F. Kennedy to the White House "totally legitimized" his family, along with other Catholics.

"I find it preposterous that in 2011 we're debating whether or not a man is qualified or worthy of your vote based on whether or not his religion - being a Latter-day Saint - is a disqualifying provision," Biden said. "It is not. It's embarrassing. And we should be ashamed anyone who thinks that way."

Recent polls show Romney in a virtual tie with President Barack Obama in a hypothetical 2012 matchup. According to a Reuters/Ipsos National Poll released Friday, Romney edged Obama 44% to 43%, with a one-percentage point margin well within the sampling error.

AMEN- it is nice to see a VP that defends Article Six of the United States Constitution- that provides that "no religious Test shall ever be required as a Qualification to any Office or public Trust under the United States and the 1st Amendment to that Constitution that states "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof" ....

Or that lives true to the words of Thomas Jefferson:

Believing with you that religion is a matter which lies solely between man and his god, that he owes account to none other for his faith or his worship, that the legitimate powers of government reach actions only, and not opinions, I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their "legislature" should "make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof," thus building a wall of separation between church and State. Adhering to this expression of the supreme will of the nation in behalf of the rights of conscience, I shall see with sincere satisfaction the progress of those sentiments which tend to restore to man all his natural rights, convinced he has no natural right in opposition to his social duties.

maybe Biden is looking for a new VP slot to fill.. :?

Out of the entire republican field, Romney is the one of the two most liberal choices, , or least conservative... so far about every liberal source has shown some sort of support for Romney... so why wouldn't Biden show his support as well..

they all know Obama has lost hope and citizens now are willing to look to anyone for a change..

as you have said in the past, you like the most liberal choice, Huntsman, but he hasn't made any progress.. so who would you vote for?

is it Romney or another Obama term?

katrina said:
Wow... What filthy talk..... Hello monitors???

Yes, It's sad isn't it? Every time someone makes a post worthy of discussion it degenerates into this. :mad:

Oldtimer said:

CNN's Ashley Killough
Why is it outrageous? What kind of moron would have a problem with someone voting for someone or against someone because of their belief in or lack of belief in God? Freedom of religion is a constitutional right but my being comfortable with someone from any particular religion is a right not reserved for Joe Biden, Oldtimer , or Kola. I'll be comfortable with whomever I want to be comfortable with. I'll vote for whomever I choose. I'll be voting for a conservative Christian . Biden is a fool and so is anyone who puts any stock in what Biden says.

jingo2 said:
okfarmer said:

ROTFLMAO :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You dumbf##k....Romeny is MORMON..... This thread is about Romney being defended......

I have never stated that Romney was not a Mormon. I asked a direct question that still stands as stated. An logical discussion often involves generalized theory.

I feel sorry for you, I really do. Your coming across very simple minded with this reply. I will try to not embarass you too much.

If you would like, you can edit your reply since it should be apparent by now that you misunderstood my question.

We can now move forward with the actual discusion of the topic.
In fact, you can answer the question if you feel passionate about the subject.

Latest posts